Josh Pate ranking SEC coaching staffs (video)

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019

Tier 1:
Bama.....Auburn.....Georgia.....Ole Miss

about 5 and half minutes in he mentions that our Defensive support staff was a big upgrade.

Tier 2:
LSU....Missouri.....Tennessee.....Texas

Tier 3:
Florida....Kentucky....Oklahoma.....Texas A&M

Everyone else:
Mentions SC has the least experienced staff in the SEC.

Mentions MSU has very little experience as a staff. Lebby is good, but some position coaches have never coached their position assignments.

Reactions: atlbama and Con

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Auburn tier 1?
Indeed.

Side note....he mentioned if we had kept Grubb and Huff.....it would have been a top 3 staff in the country. Instead, we're still top 10-15.

Auburn in Tier 1 must be from whatever changes they made, I haven't kept up with whomst they brought in.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Did y'all even listen to it?

He has a "formula" that spits out the tier #. It's not subjective.
I sped through the Auburn part....and maybe just skipped to when the tiers were revealed. I can neither confirm nor deny.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Indeed.

Side note....he mentioned if we had kept Grubb and Huff.....it would have been a top 3 staff in the country. Instead, we're still top 10-15.

Auburn in Tier 1 must be from whatever changes they made, I haven't kept up with whomst they brought in.
I agree, but the barn knows who Bama hired

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Pate is saying we upgraded our defensive coaching staff, and I agree. But, Nick’s staff was tier 1 last year. I think the staff has been upgraded almost across the board. One of the reasons Nick gave as to reasons for retirement was it was getting harder to recruit coaches. he was a victim of his own success. Up and coming Coaches could go to Athens or Austin or Eugene and get the Nick Saban process without the gruff coach , or the threat of needing a job at any time due to retirement.

My biggest question, why is Texas tier 2? I remember the Bama /Texas broadcast last year, and Danielson saying Texas has 6 coaches that were on Saban’s staff.

Reactions: Con and NoNC4Tubs

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.