Darby on ESPN.com

UAEngineer113

All-SEC
Jan 25, 2005
Tuscaloosa
At Alabama, tailback Ken Darby became the offense two years ago after quarterback Brodie Croyle suffered a season-ending injury. In one four-game stretch, Darby carried the ball a total of 125 times. Last season, Darby carried the ball more than 23 times only once, in the Tide's 13-10 Cotton Bowl victory over Texas Tech. This year too, Shula expects to use Darby more judiciously.

"Two years ago we ran the ball probably as much as any team I've ever been around," Shula said. "I'm not sure we'll see him carrying it that much just because of a couple reasons. One, we feel like we have an ability to throw the football. We also feel like we've got some other guys behind him."

Cool

drsmithofga

1st Team
Dec 7, 2004
I had to email Ivan Maisel and express my disappointment for him leaving off Kenneth from the list of the top ten RBs in the nation. He knows college football better than that.

Boclive

All-American
Sep 6, 2002
I think KD will carry it more than last year for a couple of reasons.

1. He is NOT coming off a serious, mysterious pelvic injury at the beginning of his senior season. He is 100%.

2. He is the absolute answer to any issues JPW has as a new sophomore starter.

We should all hope JPW hands him the ball a lot.

Crimson Hawk

Hall of Fame
Dec 16, 2001
North Alabama
KD deserves anything good that comes his way......as in an injury free year. I, for one, am really gonna enjoy watchin Lil' Sweetness shred opposing D's, and give DC's indigestion!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think KD will carry it more than last year for a couple of reasons.

1. He is NOT coming off a serious, mysterious pelvic injury at the beginning of his senior season. He is 100%.

2. He is the absolute answer to any issues JPW has as a new sophomore starter.

We should all hope JPW hands him the ball a lot.
I think KD will get plenty of carries, but with the guys behind him we can save his legs for the fourth quarter. With Darby, Coffee, Upchurch, and Castille, we can continually make the defense have to deal with fresh legs. If our line can block aggressively, I see our running game being more effective at the end of the game than in the first half.

Jan 10, 2003
Louisville, Kentucky, USA
A guy I work with ask me "how will Darby do this year"? I said "with starters in the Ol, Fullbacks with experince, and key backups we feel he can have an outstanding year". He then asked me "why does Bama run him up the middle so much"? "I saw them a few times last year and they never called many outside runs for him." I just looked at him and thought to myself, man was it that obvious?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.