Chris Capps at RT...still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Just read on Tidesports that Capps has been at first team RT in practice and is slated to start there for the bowl game.

What the heck is going on? Does this bother anyone else or is there something I don't see or understand?

I guess Connelly is still running things on the O-Line, sadly.

RTR

Dixiedawg

1st Team
Oct 13, 1999
Mobile, Ala
www.geocities.com
See the problem is

you (rub not intended) are not the coach and you and others do not get see what happens at practice. The coaches obviously have a better perspective of what is happening on the field. I think we just need to see what happens in the bowl game. Besides don't you think if they could plug in someone better they would?

drjamesm

All-American
Nov 12, 2003
bham,al,USA
To be honest,we still have the same Offensive staff and the OL coach is the same. IMO,I do wonder why he continues to start b/c he usually has the DE that plays against him get player of the week afterwards. I sometimes wonder what JPW feels about it!:redface:

Kracka

Sep 18, 2005
I'm with you Nolcbear. I've never attended a practice (other than A-Day games) but I can clearly see from my armchair that Capps routinely gets beat. His backup (drawing a blank on his name) played with much more consistentcy than Capps in the LSU and Auburn games. To be perfectly honest, I gave up on Shula when Capps allowed the back-to-back sacks in the Auburn game. I was getting tired of defending him and then he (his coordinator, position coach - still Shula's responsiblity) allows Capps to start and then allows Capps to come back in the next series after Capps gets beat on the first sack. I wanted Shula here for a long time but there were too many holes in the program and his offensive line - LITERALLY.

However, I always find solice in the fact that I am an Alabama fan and fortunately for all of us, this great program is bigger than any one person. No matter if it's Johnson, Saban, Grobe or whoever, the cream always rise to the top. We will be back. Roll Tide Roll......

i26bamafan

All-American
Oct 30, 1999
Summerville,SC
yahoo.com
Chris Capps at RT?... JPW get sick ""QUICK""...You are needed next year and after....

Remember the ""BARN"" game and the "2" fumbles by the QB that cost 2 TD's..

I hope ....NOT...that #78 is there.......

cmmiller711

All-American
Nov 24, 2006
Birmingham, AL
did anyone notice that in the auburn game, the only two up tempo offensive drives we had were when we pulled capps put caldwell at RT and the freshman cardwell at center (who looks to be very very talented). and the OL played great against LSU when kyle tatum (who is no andre smith) replaced capps. i dont get it... chris must play great at practice because he certainly not a gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.