Simeon Castille Update:

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I trust this information more than what I read on other forums and see no reason not to post it to calm everyone down. This is from someone who was right there, not a block away, not inside the club while this happened outside and not from someone who had just left but someone "right there".

Simeon and Rashad were at a club with their girlfriends. As they were all leaving Simeon and Rashad were wrestling with and trying to pull BJ and Caldwell out of a car. Simeon was pretty loud and two cops came running up and grabbed him. They cuffed him and pulled his wallet out and while Simeon was trying to tell them he was only playing. The cop with the wallet looked at the other cop and said sarcastically "should we call the coach"? The informant said the other cop stated "nah, let him find out through the newspaper." They arrested him for disorderly conduct. None of the other players or girlfriends, who were all black, wanted to talk to the cops, both white, for fear of being arrested too. So Simeon was carried off to jail and held for about four hours.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Wow, that's messed up! Thanks for posting Bayou. Now, don't those who immediately jumped to conclusions feel rather foolish? If you don't, you should.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
If CNS looks into it and finds this is what actually happened, I don't believe Simeon will exactly be facing a harsh punishment.

Thanks for the update.

Oz82

Suspended
Jan 3, 2005
If true (not meaning to impugn your source, but perspective can distort reality), this needs to result in a review of the policies and practices of the UAPD.

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
To further add to this...

I wouldn't look for anything to happen to Castille. There are legitimate run-ins with the law, and then there is this. Infer from that comment whatever you like.

Boclive

All-American
Sep 6, 2002
Given that explanation I would expect all charges to be summarily dismissed.

It is a sad commentary on the behavior and performance of two police officers.

To protect and serve, indeed. :rolleyes:

jeremy

Suspended
Nov 22, 2004
Alabama
Those remarks made by the cops do not surprise me. And if Simeon and company were just playing around, there's no doubt his friends backed him up on this There was no reason to make an arrest on this. They just wanted to make a story. Jerks. Yet another reason to hate police.

MasterShake

All-SEC
Feb 19, 2005
Dothan, Alabama, United States
No offense but it seems like a double standard to delete all other rumors as garbage... I've seen some legit stories deleted as "rumors" before too... Not trying to stir things up here, but I still won't trust the source until I hear from Saban himself.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
No offense but it seems like a double standard to delete all other rumors as garbage... I've seen some legit stories deleted as "rumors" before too... Not trying to stir things up here, but I still won't trust the source until I hear from Saban himself.
How many times have the admins on this site jumped the gun? RichRod, maybe? But that was hardly their fault.

TexasBammer

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2005
Hotlanta, Ga
Seems like if it was just horseplay that the other players would have told the cops and the cops wouldn't have arrested him.

The "bad cop" routine seems fishy to me. I hope you are right, but it seems to me that you don't get arrested for horseplay, especially if your buddies that you were supposed to be playing with tell the officers this.

Like I say... I hope I'm wrong, and you guys are right.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.