Toomers Corner Burns

Dixiedawg

1st Team
Oct 13, 1999
Mobile, Ala
www.geocities.com
I have no idea,but there has been a severe drought in that area of the state given the amount of tp on the ground a carelessly tossed cigarette given wind conditions could have ignited it. Some of our fans could have too, but the photo was a 2:34 AM so I'm trying to understand why a Bama fan was there at that hour. I hope none of our people did and realize that buildings and propery in the area they may have caused someone to lose their life.

TIDEFAN17

All-American
Mar 20, 2001
Tennessee
Well that is supposed to be the most convenient way to get TP out of the trees. They were probably trying to clean it up, apparently it got out of hand.

BamaArrived2006

All-American
Apr 2, 2003
Marietta, Georgia
Well that is supposed to be the most convenient way to get TP out of the trees. They were probably trying to clean it up, apparently it got out of hand.
Also the other way I've been told is with a hose, but also with the water shortage that's needed too....what ever or who ever did it could've easily done it by accident because as stated with the drought and how windy it was an unsmashed cigarette or cigar could have easily done it....

:biga2:

rkwilkerson

All-American
Feb 20, 2006
Tuscaloosa, AL
IMO:

That's hilarious... :biggrin:

I could only have hoped that that stupid drug store would have burned down!

Typical Barners -- Typical Toilet Paper -- Typical Fire

:)

BTW:

@ 2:30 in the morning the drugstore would have been empty, unless someone was committing a robbery, in which case -- who cares!

Maybe this will teach Auburn University to stop embarrassing the Southeastern Conference every time they win a football game...

Last edited:

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Also the other way I've been told is with a hose, but also with the water shortage that's needed too....what ever or who ever did it could've easily done it by accident because as stated with the drought and how windy it was an unsmashed cigarette or cigar could have easily done it....

:biga2:

a hose? Well, contradictory to that, we used to relish in rolling someone when it was going to rain because you couldn't get all the toilet paper up because it would break apart in the trees and stick to the trees and the grass! LOL!

BamaSkins

All-SEC
Oct 5, 2001
Brookside, Al, USA
the fire at Toomer's Corner started when an old orange and blue farm tractor backfired as it passed under a tree overflowing with toilet paper...the spark from the backfire ignited the toilet paper and it went up in flames...fortunately the horse drawn fire brigade was able to get there and using several men on the pump handles was able to put the fire out before it spread into surrounding trees and possibly onto some of the old run buildings at Toomer's. So this fire was started by a barnie not a Bama fan.

Tide64

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2004
This gets better, someone Photoshopped the picture and some of the Barners believed it. :biggrin:

LINK

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.