THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED by F. SCOTT PECK

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Nick saban talked about this book in his episode of "in my own words" and said it was a great book. I got interested and my sister is sending it to me for Christmas my counselor also said it was great book, anyone hear read it?

I

It's On A Slab

Nick saban talked about this book in his episode of "in my own words" and said it was a great book. I got interested and my sister is sending it to me for Christmas my counselor also said it was great book, anyone hear read it?
I read the book when I was in my late 20s. One of my all-time favorites.

One of those books (like Krakauer's Into The Wild) that is so enlightening that you just want to read and pass it on to somebody else.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Sure. It's an excellent book. Very thoughtful and helps one reflect on one's own choices in life. There was a sequel called "Further Along the Road Less Traveled," but it lacked the oomph of the original.

You will enjoy it.

I

It's On A Slab

Sure. It's an excellent book. Very thoughtful and helps one reflect on one's own choices in life. There was a sequel called "Further Along the Road Less Traveled," but it lacked the oomph of the original.

You will enjoy it.
I also recommend his book People of the Lie: The Hope of Healing Human Evil.

Peck has an interesting take on the concept of evil. He calls it a neurosis of selfishness.

From Wiki:

An evil person:

* Projects his or her evils and sins onto others and tries to remove them from others
* Maintains a high level of respectability and lies incessantly in order to do so
* Is consistent in his or her sins. Evil persons are characterized not so much by the magnitude of their sins, but by their consistency
* Is unable to think from other people's viewpoints.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I heard CNS refer to a book that was given to him by a priest, I think it was. The intro said something like, life is hard, life is tough,....

Is this the book he was talking about?

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Thanks for the confirmation. After I heard him tell the story I wished I had paid better attention to the name of the book.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I've gotten bogged down about halfway through this book. I'm indifferent on reading but for some reason don't want to give up because I think the last part on religion will be interesting.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.