BREAKING 2024 4 star OL Casey Poe Commits to Alabama

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
That’s an interesting comment from Saban, can coaches speak to/about recruits before they sign? Has he been a silent since before the dead period?

Either way, Welcome aboard
This is the dead period rule.

While the term “dead period” makes it seem like all recruiting stops during this time, that's actually not the case. Athletes and coaches are still allowed to communicate via phone, email, social media and other digital communication channels.

Reactions: AlexanderFan

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
This is the dead period rule.

While the term “dead period” makes it seem like all recruiting stops during this time, that's actually not the case. Athletes and coaches are still allowed to communicate via phone, email, social media and other digital communication channels.
I do think the athlete can call the coach just about any time...sounds like Poe called Coach Saban.

Reactions: TiderJack

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Tbh, I don’t think he fits the mold of the OL we want right now because he only weighs 290 lbs. If you look at all of the guys we got, they’re all like 340+. I really do think Kirby and co are gun shy about taking OL that need to put on weight after Clay Webb. It’s much easier to make an already big guy lose some weight if needed.
Sour Grapes from a Dawg Fan.
Yeah, you guys didn't want the top IOL in the country. No way someone with a almost 6 foot 5 frame can put on weight. (blue font).

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
That is such a stupid comment from the Dawg fan. If he had seen his highlight video he would not have said that because he was abusing some big people.
If he had just said “yeah it sucks we didn’t get him but I am not worried because we have been killing it with our o-line recruiting lately” I would have respected that and tip my cap, but to try and change the narrative to “he just doesn’t fit our mold because of his weight” when he had a offer from Georgia is a real punk move.

Reactions: TiderJack

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.