2025 4* IOL Dontrell Glover commits to Bama

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Just need to continue the effort in recruitment as though he`s still considering other schools. 2025 is a long time off. Nevertheless, great to see and welcome!

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Dontrell committed to us today. He is the 2nd state of GA and OL commit to Bama and yes it is a long way to signing day. Welcome and RTR Dontrell.

“But coach that’s a auburn sounding players name”

CNS:he could be grimace from McDonalds as long and he sends d-lineman into the dirt. That reminds me. Someone get the mconalds house on the phone. It’s transfer portal time.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
The thought here is that guys who commit so early rarely stick. This is actually not true. . Now the earlier you commit, it is more likely you will flip, but history says most guys who commit to bama stick. I think we painfully remember the ones we have lost over the years. Welcome to young Mr. Glover. I hope to see you one day honoured as a great bama player.

Reactions: TiderJack

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
Sounds as though it wasn’t spur of the moment thing. He said he had always had a lot of respect for the way Bama did things the right way. And he could see how Bama could help him on and off the field. Sounds as if he had really considered everything and Bama was the place for him. I think he sticks with us.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Ols

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Rapidly becoming the exception if you don`t decommit. What about the `24 class that just came aboard? Don`t they have the ability to leave?

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Rapidly becoming the exception if you don`t decommit. What about the `24 class that just came aboard? Don`t they have the ability to leave?
so far, they are all intact with the exception Ryan Williams, who should be really in the 25' class. I think they know they have a huge opportunity to start with all these departures and new coaching staff.

Reactions: MOAN

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
We are going to have to re-recruit all the 2025 and 2026 guys and they have to get to know the new staff so I am not concerned about the de-commits. We may get some back and we may not.
Truthfully, aside from their high rankings, do they fit Deboer/ Grubb and Womack schemes??
this is a new era for Bama football, the days of what Saban looked for in a recruit may no longer apply to this new coaching staff.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Truthfully, aside from their high rankings, do they fit Deboer/ Grubb and Womack schemes??
this is a new era for Bama football, the days of what Saban looked for in a recruit may no longer apply to this new coaching staff.
I think our OL type is going to look a bit different from here on out.

Having road-graders in pass protection just doesn't work, as we saw this past season. :cool:

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
We are going to have to re-recruit all the 2025 and 2026 guys and they have to get to know the new staff so I am not concerned about the de-commits. We may get some back and we may not.
They all gripe about not hearing from the coaching staff.................does the coach have to call them every day? I mean I get staying in contact with them, but if you commit and dont have constant contact you decommit?

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
They all gripe about not hearing from the coaching staff.................does the coach have to call them every day? I mean I get staying in contact with them, but if you commit and dont have constant contact you decommit?
I think the position coach or their lead recruiter calls them at least 5 days a week . Makes them feel wanted. When I was 17 , I wanted adults to leave me the hell alone but it’s the world we live in now.

• Haha
Reactions: Tidelines

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.