JessN: Commentary: How a season affected by Covid-19 might shake out

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaFanatJSU

1st Team
Apr 24, 2008
Rainbow City, AL
Yet another Frankenstein thread. There's a trend appearing.
Is it possible for replies to be in some sort of "pending" status but not officially posted? I've had text messages that got lost in limbo at times when I've had poor service, only to later get sent at seemingly random times. While I don't know if that's possible on this platform (those with more knowledge of the tech side can weigh in), I can't see any other explanation for a post with 2020-specific contextual comments to be appearing now.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Is it possible for replies to be in some sort of "pending" status but not officially posted? I've had text messages that got lost in limbo at times when I've had poor service, only to later get sent at seemingly random times. While I don't know if that's possible on this platform (those with more knowledge of the tech side can weigh in), I can't see any other explanation for a post with 2020-specific contextual comments to be appearing now.
Is that what happened to all my spot on perfect pick the score post???

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
I think that is exactly what happens. The first “new” post that pops up on all of these old threads doesn’t look like a current post.

CrimsonCleanse

Scout Team
Dec 5, 2023
I think that is exactly what happens. The first “new” post that pops up on all of these old threads doesn’t look like a current post.
That's got to be what happened. My heart jumped up in my throat when I saw the last post that was dated today and it said something about South Korea's mitigation measures and how there would be no fans in the stands this fall. I had forgotten about all those ideas that were being floated. Not starting the season until October, possibly playing in the spring. It's something to go back and read all that now and see how it actually played out vs what was predicted. I hope we NEVER see anything like that insanity again

Reactions: dathbama

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I just hope we have a season, football is important to the American Psyche during a shutdown, but player and staff safety comes first. I don’t think we will win very many games without the practice time though.

Last edited:

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
When you click on the profile that bumped the thread, it shows last activity as February 2024. That makes this all even more weird.

CrimsonCleanse

Scout Team
Dec 5, 2023
I just hope we have a season, football is important to the American Psyche during a shutdown, but player and staff safety comes first. I don’t think we will win very many games without the practice time though.
Is this a new post or another old one that has a newer date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.