OLB Commit LaBronski Hutchins to visit Barn, 'Ville

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
says he is still committed but wants to look around. He is still on the bubble as far as qualifying. Will visit Bama in January.

If the staff holds to their trends, they do not let commits take officials to other places. It will be interesting if they put the pressure on him or go another direction.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
That doesn't surprise me in the least with his comments about not being firmly committed upon his commitment to Bama. I am sure the Bama staff is aware of his level of commitment and grade issues. You are right this one will be interesting to watch.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
Wasn't Hutchins listed as a Barn lean, even not long before his commitment? I was sort of shocked when the commitment went public. With Goggans wavering on his UT commitment, and they two wanting to play together, 'twill be interesting indeed. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see them both go to the Barn. But we have plenty of specimens still on the board for LB, and lots of young'uns on the D-Line and TE as well (Goggans).

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL
While I wouldn't want to see Hutchins decommit, I will say that we have some prospects ahead of him (IMO) at the OLB position. Either way, I am guessing that our staff is viewing him as a guy that would need either (1) a redshirt year to get bigger/stronger or (2) at least one year at a prep school or two at a JUCO to get his grades in order. However, still don't want to see him taking officials around the SEC.

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
a commitment is just that

verbals are ignorant, because they make the student look ignorant.
"I verbaly commit to the University of Alabama"
That is all it should take.
If I commited somewhere and then backed out and commited to UGA why would UGA want me because I am a liar.
Who says I wouldnt sabotage the team?

I say cut him because of the wishy/washy attitude.
Do you want him to play like that?

kcin_4_BAMA

RV Moderator
Oct 3, 2005
The Wiregrass
crmsnrevelation said:
verbals are ignorant, because they make the student look ignorant.
"I verbaly commit to the University of Alabama"
That is all it should take.
If I commited somewhere and then backed out and commited to UGA why would UGA want me because I am a liar.
Who says I wouldnt sabotage the team?

I say cut him because of the wishy/washy attitude.
Do you want him to play like that?
Unfortunately, that's the way recruiting is today. These kids visit, commit, then if they see something they like better, they commit there. It stinks, but it's just the way it is. These coaches have made it that way. The coaches also recruit multiple kids for 1 position & tell some of them we will offer you if so & so doesn't commit. I'm not saying any of this is good/bad/in between, but it's just how it is.
As far as one school taking a kid who has already committed, if he's that good, why wouldn't they. If they can get him on their campus & on their field playing, it means they don't have to face that person on the other side of the ball. I wouldn't turn down a kid of his caliber because he had already committed somewhere else. Committing & playing are two different things. Many kids today look at the future & try to see where they can go to get to the next level(NFL.) They also play that way. Alabama gets more of the kids that are interested in playing for the tradition of BAMA than most teams, but, generally, these kids play college to get to the next level & their commitment level does not reflect their on-field performance, IMO.
If, say, Carl Johnson the #1 OL & Florida commitment wanted to come to T-town, would you turn him down? Just curious.

RTR-stop the streak

Latest threads