Sportscenter

bilbo@work

All-SEC
Dec 9, 1999
atlanta, ga
I usually watch sportscenter before I go to work and must agree with you. between the commercials and the meaningless interviews, it's amazing they report the scores/highlights at all.....

U-A

All-American
Jul 15, 2004
New Orleans, LA
I am not sure they have lost their focus because much of their info is still quite good, IMO but they are going over-board with sponsers.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
ESPN/Sportscenter is obsessed with itself, and seems to be nothing but a bunch of Chris Berman/Craig Kiborn/Dan Patrick wannabes. I don't even bother watching it, except maybe occasionally during their sunday night NFL coverage/rundown during the fall. They used to be a good source of hard sports news and analysis, but it's all about themselves now.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
IMHO, the worst thing about Sportscenter besides the commercials is all the cutsie sayings they come up with. They try to be clever and end up just saying sarcastic drivel.

What was once a must watch for me is now a never watch because of all that.

Selma-Bama-Fan

1st Team
Oct 27, 1999
LOOK AT MY NAME!!!!
www.tidefans.com
You can thank Ken Oberman for the cutsie sayings. He was the first to do it, along with Dan Patrick.. .back in the early 90's. Ken was a genious at it, unfortunately, so now all the wannabe's want to follow in his footsteps. Unfortunately, they dont add up.

SportsCenter, IMO, went down hill when they decided not to pay their best anchors what they were worth... so they left to other networks.