The important questions

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I initially posted this on non-sports, but they're too busy arguing about tax plans and war service to address the important issues:
Does this:
taste as good as this:
?

Those dedicated professionals at JT666 Labs will not rest until that question is answered! Private donations are welcome, and will help subsidize my cholesterol and blood pressure medications.

Before you laugh, my company has been sponsoring various activities to raise money for the Heart Association. The last two weeks, for a $3 donation, you got an ice cream sundae. The phrase "mixed messages" sprang to mind. :biggrin2:

So, what is YOUR favorite flavor of ice cream? As you might guess, I'm a mint chocolate chip man. Because you can't get Ben & Jerry's mint chocolate cookie very often down here (at least until last week--they appear to have shipped the new light flavor with its original counterpart, much to my delight), I took to slumming with Cherry Garcia, which is quite acceptable for something that doesn't have mint in it. My wife, however, is a Phish Food addict. (For the uninitiated, Phish Food is a chocolate ice cream with swirls of marshmallow and caramel, plus little fudge fish. At that point, you might as well just dump a five pound bag of sugar into an IV drip and wait for the diabetic coma.)

B&J also has a light version of their chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream that may also warrant further study by JT666 Labs.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
I like the "Snow Cream" from Mayfield.

I don't have any favorite brands, but I like Cookies n' Cream and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavors.

My mother also has a recipe for homemade Peanut Butter ice cream that is awesome!

CrimsonNan

BamaNation Hall of Fame
Oct 19, 2003
Vestavia Hills, Alabama, USA
I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream

JT666 - I also like chocolate chip mint, but my favorite is really vanilla. I can eat it plain, or put chocolate syrup on it, or Creme de Menthe, or both, OR vanilla with chocolate chips AND Creme de Menthe. You can do a lot with vanilla.

My family was in the ice cream business, so you've really "hit my spot" today. I've never gotten tired of ice cream. :biggrin:

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
My Mom

said once, only half-way kidding, that I would eat a cow patty if it had ice cream on it. :biggrin:

I am a student of two types of food things: coffee and ice cream.

Until recently I have been thoroughly enjoying a magnum of Purity Moose Tracks, on those occasions when I cheat. (South Beach won't cut me any slack on this.)

p.s. Anyone ever get down on it at Cold Stone Creamery? They can really bring it!! Those familiar with it know what I mean.

:biga2:

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
1Fit, I'm on day 8 of South Beach. A productive start so far, but I think long & hard about various kinds of foods, including ice cream. Cold Stone is awesome! exiled, jr. & I went there during our A-Day trip.

Press on w/ South Beach. I've already lost some weight; sadly, it's still a fur piece from here to phase 3! ;)

exiled

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
exhiledNms

South Beach has gotten me in seven week to a weight I haven't been in decades, without killing me. The wife and I are committed to it because we can live with it, and most importantly, it's working. I do miss that bowl of premium every night though... .

:biga2: