Jalen Milroe is now the starter going forward.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I just caught the first part of the replay of Mac and Cube program on JOX.
McElroy (basically) alluded to what most here have speculated. There was a reason Milroe didn’t see the field Saturday. He wasn’t going to. Period.
-“remember the pats on the back “congratulations” you see on the field is not necessarily the same attitude you have in the locker room.
- McElroy said “this team can still be “good”, but they better get it together soon.
- Saban should be “ripping off heads” based on the things he is hearing about attitudes.

There are some serious “it’s about me, not about we” issues going on down there.
Had I heard this before today I'd be really surprised, but not anymore.

I hope some things I've heard are wrong, but these comments make me think they are right on target.

DanoCanuck

3rd Team
Feb 5, 2020
McElroy (basically) alluded to what most here have speculated. There was a reason Milroe didn’t see the field Saturday. He wasn’t going to. Period.
-“remember the pats on the back “congratulations” you see on the field is not necessarily the same attitude you have in the locker room.
- McElroy said “this team can still be “good”, but they better get it together soon.
- Saban should be “ripping off heads” based on the things he is hearing about attitudes.

There are some serious “it’s about me, not about we” issues going on down there.
The introduction of big money to players in the college game is something we’re gonna have to sort out. It’s a different player today. With some of the money floating around these guys feel they’ve already made it but they’re too young to really know the difference. Whole new world here and it all revolves around the almighty buck.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019

Yep, hearing about what was going on last week has me worried that this team is very close to implosion. How did it ever get that far, who knows. Think the only way that gets fixed is through recruiting and transfers out. Milroe cheering Simpson on over the TD, while I'd like to feel it was genuine, its hard to see it that way.

I know Hurts got benched for Tua and stayed and took it like a man, grew from it, got better. Have a lot of respect for Jalen Hurts. Jury is out on young Milroe, I'd like to see him turn that attitude around.

Reactions: Tidelines

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Yep, hearing about what was going on last week has me worried that this team is very close to implosion. How did it ever get that far, who knows. Think the only way that gets fixed is through recruiting and transfers out. Milroe cheering Simpson on over the TD, while I'd like to feel it was genuine, its hard to see it that way.

I know Hurts got benched for Tua and stayed and took it like a man, grew from it, got better. Have a lot of respect for Jalen Hurts. Jury is out on young Milroe, I'd like to see him turn that attitude around.
When there are more "I"s on the team than "we"s, then there is bound to be trouble............I'd say single those guys out and bench them, but only Saban can make that call............but I'd have a come to Jesus meeting with any ring leaders and let them know the score

merino

BamaNation Citizen
May 5, 2017
Let’s look at the facts: TS plays with the same deplorable OL, takes the team downfield for a TD, throws a couple of first-rate passes, elicits an offsides penalty, and, most notably, no turnovers. Yet we have witnessed the inexcusable turnovers from Milroe, inability to see wide-open receivers, and waiting too long to avoid sacks. Don't be shocked if Ty jumps in the portal---who would blame him?

Once one approaches age 70, many companies and hospitals require an employee to undergo a “compos mentis” evaluation----please test Saban.

Reactions: Cruloc

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
‘I’ll take your word for it since I didn’t watch him that close but neither of them felt big enough for the moment.
There's a big difference in getting 1st team reps and starting the game when it's 0-0, than in watching your offense do nothing for an entire half and you enter the game at 3-3, without the benefit of 1st team reps.

All of this happened under suspiciously apathetic play from the starters against one of the worst defenses in college football.

Simpson was put into an impossible situation, getting no protection, getting nailed in the back and somehow led a couple of TD drives to lead us to a win.

Not the stuff of Hall of Fame careers, but he also didn't lose the game either.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
My observations from this early week announcement are...

- This OL is not fixable this season...
- This early week announcement was more for the OC than anyone. There is dissension on the staff as to who the starter should be. He will have to build his resume based on Milroe’s play.
- If players are really going to hold each other accountable, then they need to learn to huddle this week. That's a good place to build a team.
- Saban never had this team over the spring and offseason.
- This team has more drama on it than the 2007 team and DJ Hall was on that team.
- Ty Simpson will be factor later in the season. He just needs to keep working and wait for his opportunity. He has probably been affected as much or more by the favortism of a clique on the offense. He has essentially been shunned by his own teammates. Unless he has insulted them some where along the way, this is just wrong.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
There's a big difference in getting 1st team reps and starting the game when it's 0-0, than in watching your offense do nothing for an entire half and you enter the game at 3-3, without the benefit of 1st team reps.

All of this happened under suspiciously apathetic play from the starters against one of the worst defenses in college football.

Simpson was put into an impossible situation, getting no protection, getting nailed in the back and somehow led a couple of TD drives to lead us to a win.

Not the stuff of Hall of Fame careers, but he also didn't lose the game either.
Yeah, gotta give him credit for that...............at least he didnt go prospecting like TB

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
My observations from this early week announcement are...

- This OL is not fixable this season...
- This early week announcement was more for the OC than anyone. There is dissension on the staff as to who the starter should be. He will have to build his resume based on Milroe’s play.
- If players are really going to hold each other accountable, then they need to learn to huddle this week. That's a good place to build a team.
- Saban never had this team over the spring and offseason.
- This team has more drama on it than the 2007 team and DJ Hall was on that team.
- Ty Simpson will be factor later in the season. He just needs to keep working and wait for his opportunity. He has probably been affected as much or more by the favortism of a clique on the offense. He has essentially been shunned by his own teammates. Unless he has insulted them some where along the way, this is just wrong.
If Ty plays a factor later in the season, that can only mean Saban has benched Milroe because of another loss. And if that happens, our season is over anyway.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

What did you hear? How many players are we talking about with attitude issues? A few or many? I hope Saban handles it the right way.. Sounds like some players need to be counseled or talked to.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
When there are more "I"s on the team than "we"s, then there is bound to be trouble............I'd say single those guys out and bench them, but only Saban can make that call............but I'd have a come to Jesus meeting with any ring leaders and let them know the score
If he does that he might hurt their feelings and make them anxious.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads