Question: What was the best team Alabama ever beat?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
My nomination would be the 2011 LSU team in the BCSNCG.

Leading up to that dismantling, there was some talk that they were the best college football team ever.
It all worked out for us in the rematch in the BCSNCG, but we should have never lost the Nov. matchup. We played too conservatively on offense, which CNS often did in games like that!

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Either 2009 Florida or 2015 Clemson.

I would also say that those were CNS's best single Gameday coaching efforts too.

2011 LSU had QB issues and we should have beaten them at home the 1st time.

As Great as our 2011 D was...and it was Great... and All-Time Great opponent would not get shut out and would put up some kind of fight. That LSU team had a critical flaw that we exploited in the rematch.

• Heart
Reactions: GboyBama

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Come on guys, it has to be the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame from 2012. The team of destiny, ordained by Jesus himself. Until the BCS NCG, they didn't allow a TD drive longer than 75 yards all season. How in the world was poor ole Bama going to move the ball against the power of the Lord. Not to mention, their girlfriends were hauntingly beautiful.

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
Come on guys, it has to be the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame from 2012. The team of destiny, ordained by Jesus himself. Until the BCS NCG, they didn't allow a TD drive longer than 75 yards all season. How in the world was poor ole Bama going to move the ball against the power of the Lord. Not to mention, their girlfriends were hauntingly beautiful.
I don't remember who it was but some sportswriter said before during the warmups that he could look at the 2 teams and said there was no way ND was going to win.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads