Trump deeds and misdeeds VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

After Donald Trump asked the Supreme Court on Monday to further delay his prosecution in the federal election interference case, Chief Justice John Roberts gave special counsel Jack Smith a response deadline of Feb. 20 — that is, a week from Tuesday. Smith, of course, can respond sooner than that — and likely will.

Reactions: 92tide

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

Civil lawsuits seeking to hold Trump accountable for January 6 can move forward

Civil lawsuits seeking to hold Donald Trump accountable for the January 6, 2021, US Capitol attack can move forward after the former president declined to ask the Supreme Court to decide whether he is shielded by presidential immunity.

A federal appeals court in December cleared the way for three lawsuits brought against Trump by Democratic lawmakers and US Capitol Police officers to proceed, unanimously holding that not everything a president does or says while in office is protected from liability.

Trump faced a Thursday deadline to seek the Supreme Court’s review of that decision, but his legal team declined to turn to the high court.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Im not sure how this will do on appeal. I don't think he prohibit Trump from obtaining a loan. A bond is essentially a loan.

Imo, a better approach would have been to for him to pay the property taxes evaded over the course of his business dealings in New York. Maybe any bankruptcy losses sustained by creditors in prior bankruptcy filings.

I think its a slippery slope to try to stand in the shoes of financiers who were not willing or interested pursuing fraud against them civilly.

winning

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Im not sure how this will do on appeal. I don't think he prohibit Trump from obtaining a loan. A bond is essentially a loan.

Imo, a better approach would have been to for him to pay the property taxes evaded over the course of his business dealings in New York. Maybe any bankruptcy losses sustained by creditors in prior bankruptcy filings.

I think its a slippery slope to try to stand in the shoes of financiers who were not willing or interested pursuing fraud against them civilly.
Frankly, he's essentially torpedoed any favorable treatment on appeal in the NY legal system, with his displayed intransigence within the legal system. I don't see any realistic chance of moving it to the federal system. Probably "due process" is his only chance and I don't think that would work. His making appeal bond is going to be interesting, and this may not be the only cases where he'll have to make bond...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Remember everybody: The whole NY AG case against Trump began because Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, representing Queens & the Bronx, asked Michael Cohen if he had ever seen the Trump Org overstate assets to one audience and understate them to another.

This is what Congressional questions can do. It is a travesty that most members just rant for 5 minutes and then give witnesses 5 seconds to respond.

Huckleberry

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Trump getting booed at Sneaker Con while trying to sell Trump Shoes for $399.00.

Trump is selling his custom "President Trump Official Sneaker" for $399.00, and there is a limit of three per customer. Amazing deal!

Trump said he has been thinking about putting out a line of Trump Shoes for at least 12 years now. He told the crowd (which sounded like it included some boos) that their "influencers" have reported that the feedback they were getting on his shoes was "very positive."

CrimsonJazz

Hall of Fame
May 27, 2022
Trump getting booed at Sneaker Con while trying to sell Trump Shoes for $399.00.

Trump is selling his custom "President Trump Official Sneaker" for $399.00, and there is a limit of three per customer. Amazing deal!

Trump said he has been thinking about putting out a line of Trump Shoes for at least 12 years now. He told the crowd (which sounded like it included some boos) that their "influencers" have reported that the feedback they were getting on his shoes was "very positive."

619780C1-36EF-4FFB-A409-E5FF0A06175A.jpeg
When I think of “Trump sneakers” this is what springs immediately to mind….

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Evidently, $83.3 million had no effect. Billionaires have so much money, that you can take $83 million from them and they don't even care. Trump hasn't even felt it.

According to Forbes, Trump is worth $2.6 billion. $83.3 million is .32% of his total wealth. IOW, if Trump was worth exactly $1,000,000 his fine would equate to $3200. It's a mosquito bite.

Still, if the judge had fined him $2.6 billion, Trump still wouldn't be able to keep his pie hole shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads