What are the Best Traditions in College Football?

bamaee04

All-SEC
Nov 15, 2004
Birmingham, AL
Although there are lots of them that I love about our own program, I'll only mention one from the homer perspective, and that is Rammer Jammer...remember when we used to play it before the game instead of only after a win, lol.

For a few that it pains me to acknowledge about our rivals, but you can't deny they are cool and add to the experience...Auburn and the eagle flight, Tennessee's band playing the opposing team's fight song before the game, and LSU with the announcement that it is Saturday night in Death Valley come to mind and I've personally experienced.

Lastly, I'll say Chief Osceola and the pregame chant at FSU, Virginia Tech and Enter Sandman, and since we play them this year, Wisconsin and Jump Around...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Pregame pageantry , the TAMU band is very impressive with its military marching precision.
I saw it and I just didn't get it, honestly. Now, the stadium itself is gorgeous - the best in the SEC of the places I've been - but I just don't get their weird traditions; especially yell leaders. Possibly slightly biased having lived in Texas several years.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'll add a few I've considered:

Bama: Tusk - as Big Al marches the length of the field & the playing of Sweet Home Alabama!
Tenn. - Power T opening - pretty cool - but I hate Tenn.!
UT - Band/fans - Eyes of Texas
OU/UT - Red River Rivalry split seats at Cotton Bowl
Fl. State - War Chant

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: Con and NoNC4Tubs

CrimsonTitles

1st Team
Mar 30, 2015
There's a lot of great traditions on college football, but nothing beats singing Dixieland Delight in the student section with the extra words. I know it's frowned upon, but to me, it will always be the greatest tradition in college football.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads