2024 Presidential Election VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
When I use the term "in my opinion", it is to soften my post or point of view. It always puts me off when someone posts their opinion as if it were fact, so I like to show that I know the difference between opinion and fact by using that term.

It's intended as a courtesy to the reader.
In fairness, you posted:
"You sound proud of your habit of not voting."

I get that it's your opinion, but I've been told hundreds of times that if I don't live in the same little binary world then I'm wasting my vote, that I'm helping elect a nazi / communist / other extremist. It's untrue and it's tiresome.

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
There's a reason he's in this game. I never could figure out why he would spend so much of his own money to try and lead a nation of knuckleheads, but once I figured out the facts behind this article, it made so much more sense. Of course there's a profit motive.

Personally, if I had his money, there's no way I'd put myself through this. I'd be on a yacht somewhere while killer whales try to kill me and message board posters can gleefully post about it. :p

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Since you're all-in, please go ahead and explain how we know that everyone who is registered is a legal US citizen without any requirement of proof. There must be some process I'm blissfully unaware of, so TIA for explaining the mechanism by which we know all voters are legal.

Bonus points if you can explain why virtually every other liberal democracy requires identification at least register.
no

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
There's a reason he's in this game. I never could figure out why he would spend so much of his own money to try and lead a nation of knuckheads, but once I figured out the facts behind this article, it made so much more sense. Of course there's a profit motive.

Personally, if I had his money, there's no way I'd put myself through this. I'd be on a yacht somewhere while killer whales try to kill me and message board posters can gleefully post about it. :p
now he is just trying to stay out of jail, where he absolutely should be

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022

When Vice President Kamala Harris unveils her economic policy proposals in Raleigh, North Carolina, on Friday, it will include a proposal to provide up to $25,000 in down payment support for first-time homebuyers, according to a campaign official.

The campaign is vowing that during its first term, the Harris-Walz administration would provide working families who have paid their rent on time for two years and are buying their first home up to $25,000 in down-payment assistance, with more generous support for first-generation homeowners.
Money machine go brrrrrrrrr.

Also (and this is on a totally unrelated note) look for housing costs to go up byyyyyy, lessee......ah yes, about $25,000 (give or take.)

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

Money machine go brrrrrrrrr.

Also (and this is on a totally unrelated note) look for housing costs to go up byyyyyy, lessee......ah yes, about $25,000 (give or take.)
I wouldn’t be against a $25,000 interest free loan where the taxpayer pays the interest to help first time homebuyers.

Love Kamala, but you shouldn’t just give it away.

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
I wouldn’t be against a $25,000 interest free loan where the taxpayer pays the interest to help first time homebuyers.

Love Kamala, but you shouldn’t just give it away.
That's fair, but I have a bad feeling it will turn out just like student loans did when the government took over. The cost of tuition went into the stratosphere and half these loans never get paid back anyway. It's a lose-lose for everyone.

Not to mention, when this creates another housing bubble like we had 20 years ago, the banks will collect all that equity and the poor schmuck who signed the loan will have his credit ruined forever.

AWRTR

All-American
Oct 18, 2022
There's a reason he's in this game. I never could figure out why he would spend so much of his own money to try and lead a nation of knuckleheads, but once I figured out the facts behind this article, it made so much more sense. Of course there's a profit motive.

The vast majority of all elected officials on a high level are in it for the money. Only a moron would think these people care anything about the everyday citizen. They just placate people with useless cliches. They don’t care if you live or die. They just care if they have power and the money is flowing.

Reactions: CrimsonJazz

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Some on the right like to say some of us are fear mongering when talking about Trump’s threat to democracy. Well, those same people are falling for Trump’s fear mongering when they believe his lies about some wave of non citizens voting.

Trump has successfully eroded the confidence in the election system for his supporters to the point where they really believe the only true out common is a GOP win. Everything else is corrupted and rigged. It’s just like Auburn fans, they never lose a game, they either win or the refs were paid off.

It’s nonsense and pathetic.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Some on the right like to say some of us are fear mongering when talking about Trump’s threat to democracy. Well, those same people are falling for Trump’s fear mongering when they believe his lies about some wave of non citizens voting.

Trump has successfully eroded the confidence in the election system for his supporters to the point where they really believe the only true out common is a GOP win. Everything else is corrupted and rigged. It’s just like Auburn fans, they never lose a game, they either win or the refs were paid off.

You really believe that those of us asking for people to be required to prove citizenship is due to Trump? I was amazed years ago when I first discovered some places allow people to vote without any idea - long before Trump.

For me it has nothing to do with some random claim by trump - it's just logical. If you disagree, I'd ask why virtually every other liberal democracy requires identification.

It's a weird thing to dig one's heels on, imo - but I've long felt that way, long before trump came along.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

this was going on in earnest long before trump came onto the stage

Reactions: Jon
Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads