Bama Game Thread: Official Postgame Thread - Bama @ Vandy...

Jun 29, 2023
Where the land meets the sky
Main difference is that Saban didn't have his type of players that year and had to go with what he inherited. DeBoer inherited a garage full of Lamborghinis (or at least lambo-driving players) ;)
True. I think the main difference is that the players that stayed under CNS were built different than this generation of players. Character and grit.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
We lost to Vandy, and it wasn’t even Milroe’s fault. What planet is this?
Yeah I haven’t rechecked the final stats but considering everything I thought he played well and was absolutely eating them up with intermediate throws. He was really threading passes into tight spaces.

The Pick 6 was really a fluke Ricochet.

The Sack/Fumble he just didn’t sense the pressure for whatever reason but nobody put a hand on the defender either.

The Pass across the LOS he should have just ran but I think he was afraid of slipping on that turf.

I don’t know I thought he was way more good than bad.

The loss definitely isn’t his fault.

The Defense on the other hand was a damn abomination… all of them… every player and coach.

That was a horrendous defensive effort.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
13 has a lot to answer for on how he acted....his attitude was on display all day.

Running across the field to trash talk their receiver.

Trying to shove their receiver out on the sideline with his shoulder and missing completely....atrocious effort.

End of game garbage he did.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
The refs did not cost us the game, but something has to be done about their constant incompetence. There is no way on this Earth Pavia got the 1st near the goal line. He was a yard and a half short and they gave it to him without reviewing it. Two of their guys knocked Prentice out of the game with a blow to the head, and they picked up the flag. WHAT ARE WE EVEN DOING?

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
Reading some of the comments in this thread is hilarious. What a bunch of spoiled fans. We lost to Vandy - after giving them 2 TDs on a fluky pick-6 and a TD on a "sustained drive" fueled by our mistakes. I have faith that the staff will correct these problems.

Check back in 4 weeks and let's se where we are.

Roll Tide!

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I've seen this referred to as the worst loss in Tide history. It isn't in my opinion, but it's tough for sure. But it's a long season and all is not lost yet. Playoffs are still a reasonable goal although that will take a lot of work.

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
Yeah there was one time in the first half when the camera panned our sidelines when we were getting it “handed to us” and our players were laughing and cutting up. Some would say “they are just playing loose”. I took it as they simply weren’t “engaged”.
Well I bet they don't have a smile on their face now. Being humbled by a team like Van has got to hurt.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Well, he has won a whole lot of games. many more than he has lost. I have faith he will make whatever adjustments are necessary. But it is good to get humbled from time to time. Good for Vandy. We will get ya next time.

sorry, but NO.

getting humbled happens against, UGA, or Texas, or Tenn or Ole Miss or even Allbarn or ATM.

getting beat by Vandy isn't humbling, it's EMBARRASSING. he should donate EVERY DOLLAR of his salary and his staff's salary this week to any charity and then pay a penalty on top of that.

This is literally the worst loss I can recall as a 'Bama fan. Nothing else even comes close given the level of talent the athletes on campus have right now.

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
Lot's of things going on here....
New systems on both sides of the ball without the right players to run them.

So much super-star hype. Way too much talk about individual awards.

Not sure about the defense but something is very much amiss there.

Offense is super talented but doesn't control the clock. Defense is probably still tired from the last game. Will probably be the case until we get someone that can run thr CKD offense as designed.

We play a lot more players than CNS did and many of those are very young. It'll pay off in time but in the short run mistakes will be made.

When was the last time our QB2 took a snap?

Feast or famine with the guys we have. When they're on the sky is the limit.

I'd say we missed Caleb Downs today.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
JM had nothing to do with our loss. Can't believe some are even bringing up a few plays involving him.

BTW, on the play he crossed the LOS, he wasn't getting a first down anyway with two guys stepping up to tackle him.

We got Johnny Manzieled with a fluky offense and our defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. Stinks bad, but that's the story.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
sorry, but NO.

getting humbled happens against, UGA, or Texas, or Tenn or Ole Miss or even Allbarn or ATM.

getting beat by Vandy isn't humbling, it's EMBARRASSING. he should donate EVERY DOLLAR of his salary and his staff's salary this week to any charity and then pay a penalty on top of that.

This is literally the worst loss I can recall as a 'Bama fan. Nothing else even comes close given the level of talent the athletes on campus have right now.
Welp, embarrassing then. Not the first time. Won't be the last but we still have a good team. Need to work on the between the ears part to close out the season strongly.

Reactions: sanjosecrimson

UKTideFan1961

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 20, 2019
I wish some would quit blaming the ref's, this game probably was lost on two plays , the same numbers on the punt after we made a rare stop on 3rd down, and the forced interception which lead to 13 points, it's a different ballgame if these plays don't happen
Yes. Blaming officials is the last refuge of the true loser. If you blame officials for losses, then you have to credit them for wins.

Officials only matter in the margins. There should *never* be concerns about margins against Vandy. We lost this game due to rat poison and putrid coaching, although there I'm not really sure there was any coaching this past week.

Reactions: Superdad

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
Yeah there was one time in the first half when the camera panned our sidelines when we were getting it “handed to us” and our players were laughing and cutting up. Some would say “they are just playing loose”. I took it as they simply weren’t “engaged”.
If we had acted like that when getting beat, we would have been running at half time.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads