2024 Braves Trades and Acquisitions

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Letting Fried go would be the dumbest thing AA has done since coming to ATL. With Fried and Strider, it's the closet this team has come to replicating the old Glavine, Maddux, Smoltz rotation. You don't let that walk. I don't care what he cost.

So it looks like Washington will interview for the Astros' job. I say we send Snitker to Houston and let Washington manage the Braves.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Walt Weiss and Eric Young of the Braves are rumored to be on the Astros list to replace Dusty. But they’ll probably step up the current bench coach.

The Astros are looking for relievers in the off season. That’s about it.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Letting Fried go would be the dumbest thing AA has done since coming to ATL. With Fried and Strider, it's the closet this team has come to replicating the old Glavine, Maddux, Smoltz rotation. You don't let that walk. I don't care what he cost.

So it looks like Washington will interview for the Astros' job. I say we send Snitker to Houston and let Washington manage the Braves.
AA doesn't really have control over the money. If the money people will not pay there is nothing AA can do. The money people wouldn't pay for Freddie or Dansby, I seriously doubt they will pay for Fried.

BhamToTexas

All-American
Dec 25, 2020

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
we traded 5 players for a bullpen guy?
Yes but, from what I read this is AA clearing roster space for hopefully some big moves. They were most likely going to non-tender Lopez and Soroka anyway so, they got them a deal instead of having to face free agency. Shuster and Shewmake are on the outside looking in and probably didn't have much value left. Gowens who?

I hate it for Soroka but, it was clear he wasn't the same pitcher anymore and if the Braves want to win now they can't keep waiting for his possible come back. If AA brings in one or 2 big pitching guns, this trade will have been worth it.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads