2025 Recruiting Targets, II

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
This staff likes tall receivers.

Would he be the tallest player the Tide has ever had?
Farrar Montgomery, 6-10 in white Chuck Taylor high tops, if I recall correctly. But whatever, was listed throughout the mid- to late-70s at 'Bama as 6-10 and used almost solely by Coach Bryant as an irritant/intimidator up front on opposition FG attempts.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I still think that Ryan Day even remotely being on the Hot Seat is Insanity and reeks of an entitled fanbase.

He's 56-8 overall (.875) and 39-3 in the B1G (.928)

Now I get that he's lost to Mich 3 straight seasons but being ready to fire him just for that is a bit myopic.

He made the NCG in 2020 but unfortunately for him tOSU ran into a Buzzaw that was Bama's best team of All-Time. NOBODY was beating our 2020 team.

He also should have beat UGA in 2022 (if not for a missed FG) and made a 2nd NCG. If they make that kick they are Clobbering TCU for a NC just like UGA did.

He's been very close to winning a NC twice already and the man is only 45 years old.

CNS was 52 when he won his 1st NC in 2003 at LSU.

If they can Ryan Day for not winning one this year they will deserve to make a bad hire and drop to a 8-4 to 9-3 type team and watch another Blue Blood hire Day and win a NC while they watch.

I'm telling you they will regret it because he's a Great HC.
…but he was born on 3rd base!🤣

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I still think that Ryan Day even remotely being on the Hot Seat is Insanity and reeks of an entitled fanbase.

He's 56-8 overall (.875) and 39-3 in the B1G (.928)

Now I get that he's lost to Mich 3 straight seasons but being ready to fire him just for that is a bit myopic.

He made the NCG in 2020 but unfortunately for him tOSU ran into a Buzzaw that was Bama's best team of All-Time. NOBODY was beating our 2020 team.

He also should have beat UGA in 2022 (if not for a missed FG) and made a 2nd NCG. If they make that kick they are Clobbering TCU for a NC just like UGA did.

He's been very close to winning a NC twice already and the man is only 45 years old.

CNS was 52 when he won his 1st NC in 2003 at LSU.

If they can Ryan Day for not winning one this year they will deserve to make a bad hire and drop to a 8-4 to 9-3 type team and watch another Blue Blood hire Day and win a NC while they watch.

I'm telling you they will regret it because he's a Great HC.
Agreed.

For the tOSU fans who think otherwise: Who would represent a clear upgrade over Day and realistically leave his current team to go to Columbus?

Reactions: tusks_n_raider

CrimsonTitles

1st Team
Mar 30, 2015
Agreed.

For the tOSU fans who think otherwise: Who would represent a clear upgrade over Day and realistically leave his current team to go to Columbus?
Some of them are delusional to the point that they think they're getting Saban lol. I've seen several Ohio State fans spewing that nonsense on the socials.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Some of them are delusional to the point that they think they're getting Saban lol. I've seen several Ohio State fans spewing that nonsense on the socials.
That was Mike Griffith's source I guess when he spewed it on Finebaum this past week. Ridiculous that he would use a couple of posters on a fan website to start an incredibly stupid rumor.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.