Game Thread: Braves Final Homestand vs Mets and Royals

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Well, they get a couple days rest then the Royals. Need that series too.

I do wonder how the pitching will be handled for these next 5 games. Hopefully their bats come alive.

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
DBacks won and they are off today before they host the Padres.

Padres lost and have the Dodgers for one more. They have already clinched a playoff spot. We need the games against the DBacks to matter to them so hopefully they knock them out.

Padres +3.5
Mets --
DBacks --
Braves -1.0

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Do any of us really think this team is going to make a deep run if they get in? No, I didn't think so.

After playing a DH the day before the WC series begins, do any of us really think the Braves will come out firing on all cylinders, on the road in San Diego or Milwaukee?

The rotation and bullpen are going to be screwed up and worn out because...

I do wonder how the pitching will be handled for these next 5 games.
Snit will screw it up. It's just what he does when it comes it pitching staffs.

I thought the Braves chances of getting out of the WC round were already slim, now throw in a DH the day before. Well, no matter what I believe the season ends next week. Will it be on Monday or Wednesday?

Reactions: B1GTide

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Do any of us really think this team is going to make a deep run if they get in? No, I didn't think so.

After playing a DH the day before the WC series begins, do any of us really think the Braves will come out firing on all cylinders, on the road in San Diego or Milwaukee?

The rotation and bullpen are going to be screwed up and worn out because...

Snit will screw it up. It's just what he does when it comes it pitching staffs.

I thought the Braves chances of getting out of the WC round were already slim, now throw in a DH the day before. Well, no matter what I believe the season ends next week. Will it be on Monday or Wednesday?
at this point there is a chance one or both games don't even get played Monday

Reactions: B1GTide

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
Padres lost last night and the Dodgers clinched the division. I feel like the Padres will keep their foot on the gas though to guarantee home field in the first round. We want them to knock out the DBacks.

Padres +3.0
Mets --
DBacks --
Braves -1.0

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
The Royals swept the Nats which is good I think. They probably aren't going to catch the Orioles and the Twins probably aren't going to catch them so they are in their spot. One Twins loss and the Royals clinch.

Fried is starting tonight. I assume that is because they think he has a better chance than Sale of throwing Friday/Monday if needed. No other starters for us have been named.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
The Royals swept the Nats which is good I think. They probably aren't going to catch the Orioles and the Twins probably aren't going to catch them so they are in their spot. One Twins loss and the Royals clinch.

Fried is starting tonight. I assume that is because they think he has a better chance than Sale of throwing Friday/Monday if needed. No other starters for us have been named.
Royals and Tigers are both 3 games up on the Twins. Twins are at home for a 3 game series with the Orioles. They lose one of those games and they are out, the Royals and Tigers are in. Odds are not good for the Twins.

Braves need to win the series....they really need to sweep, but they absolutely need 2 out of 3.

They've got a chance, but I don't really expect them to make a run even if they make it.

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
I still think we can make a run. We have the players to do it. We can play with anyone. We just need to get in the playoffs and see what happens.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads