Georgia Week- what are your thoughts?

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999
It will be a war, no doubt. It'd be great for us to actually sack Carson multiple times. I predict a lower scoring game than many...Bama 20-Uga 17.

Reactions: oskie

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
I'm here in Atlanta and it's a monsoon. How much rain did t-town get? If a lot, I wonder what affect it will have on the game.

Reactions: 92tide

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
My thoughts are the Tide is going to Roll! Our head coach beat one of Kirby’s protégés twice last year and the coach that beat us in our house in the playoffs and that was without our talent (even though DeBoer did send quite a few to the NFL off that team).

We have not shown everything we can do yet because we haven’t had to. They don’t have a freakishly good tight end this year and we may just have one if we get him involved this week. Let the OL do their job Saturday and we win big. I love the crimson kool aid.

Reactions: 92tide

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
I'm here in Atlanta and it's a monsoon. How much rain did t-town get? If a lot, I wonder what affect it will have on the game.
According to James Spann, Tuscaloosa isn't supposed to get much rain at all, if any. At least, that's how I took it. He did say it was possible that east Birmingham could get an inch and west Birmingham could get nothing. So who knows?

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
At the end of the day I think the deciding factor in this one will come down to the run game. I don’t think that Bama’s personnel is soft against the run, but it looks to me like the new scheme on defense does appear to have some vulnerabilities against the run. My concern against a team like Georgia is that they have the potential to be efficient enough on offense to take advantage of what looks a bit like a bend but don’t break type of defense. If Georgia is able to establish a consistent run game then it becomes much tougher to pressure Beck into some bad plays. That said, I do think the Bama offensive line can have some success against the Georgia front provided the line plays a clean game on Saturday. Georgia strikes me as a high floor, lower than usual ceiling up front on defense this year. A talented unit but no one has shown to be a take over the game type of player as of yet. So if the oline can step up, that will take a lot of pressure off of Milroe which will go a long way how effective he will be on Saturday.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
According to James Spann, Tuscaloosa isn't supposed to get much rain at all, if any. At least, that's how I took it. He did say it was possible that east Birmingham could get an inch and west Birmingham could get nothing. So who knows?
Can't wait for this game to start. An eventful night here in Atlanta, to say the least. The most rain in a 3 day period in 104 years. First ever flash flood warning issued for the city, which sounds weird. Bunch of folks rescued but nobody lost. Got lucky on this one.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
The line is down to UGA -1, looks like maybe a pick’em at game time with the way it’s trending.

• Spread favorite: Georgia (-1)
  • Moneyline: Georgia (-119), Alabama (-102)
  • Total: 49.5 points

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Can't wait for this game to start. An eventful night here in Atlanta, to say the least. The most rain in a 3 day period in 104 years. First ever flash flood warning issued for the city, which sounds weird. Bunch of folks rescued but nobody lost. Got lucky on this one.
Athens took a direct hit from the tropical storm, Hope all the UGA players, coaches and faithful are well. Maybe they left for Tuscaloosa early. Storm track changed a lot, and was at Hurricane strength still just south of Macon. It’s been raining here in Carrollton almost non stop since Wednesday morning but it looks like the sun may come out now.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads