I miss Leonard's losers

BAMMAR

All-SEC
May 15, 2002
atlanta ga usa
I used to love to read his picks. I heard he passed a few years ago and his son was doing it but I haven't seen anything for a while. Oh well, I guess I'll just watch Gameday.

Bama Torch in Pcola

Hall of Fame
Dec 18, 2002
I miss ol' Lenny myself. I spent many a friday night in my youth llistening to the results from the little smart pill machine. The only time I ever got mad at him was when he picked Bama to lose to Vandy in '84. Turned out he was right.

ScarlettOhMy

Scout Team
Oct 20, 2006
Leeds, AL
We used to get Leonard on Saturday morning radio here. I miss hearing him and he was right most of the time. I also miss those weekly Football Kickoff flyers that were mailed to your home by your friendly insurance agent.

"Tuscaloosa Pachyderms," he called the Crimson Tide of University of Alabama. "Oinkers" was his name for the Hogs of the University of Arkansas, or "Swamp Lizards" for the Gators at Florida. He wasn't against poking fun at the college team in his own home town, with his "Red Clay Hounds" name for the University of Georgia Bulldogs. You had to have a sharp ear to listen to Leonard's rapid-fire loser delivery.

http://www.gwinnettforum.com/2001issues/eeb_010710.htm

:biga2: :biga2: :biga2:

Pachyderm37

1st Team
Apr 30, 2007
Leonard was a staple on Saturday mornings in the fall when I grew up. Used to love to listen. All of the nicknames he used and so on was just good entertainment ( and yes he was right most of the time ).

:biga2::cool:

RTR

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Before ESPN and College GameDay and six-hour pre-game shows and even Beano Cook, there was Leonard Post Toasties.

FAYETTE4BAMA

1st Team
May 15, 2003
I loved hearing him on Fridays to add to the tension of waiting on Saturday's kickoffs.

Get me outta here Percy!:biggrin2:

dabamafan

2nd Team
May 8, 2002
murfreesboro,tn USA
Anyone clicking on his famous recipes might recognize this classic!!!
Christmas Cookies

1 Cup Water
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Cup Sugar
1 Tsp Salt
1 Cup Brown Sugar
Lemon Juice
4 Large Eggs
1 Cup Nuts
2 Cups Dried Fruit
1 Bottle Jose Cuervo Tequilla

Sample the Cuervo to check quality.

Take a large bowl, check the Cuervo again to be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink. Turn on the electric mixer...Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar...Beat again.

At this point it's best to make sure the Cuervo is still OK, try another cup ... just in case.

Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit, Pick the frigging fruit up off floor... Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers just pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the Cuervo to check for tonsisticity.

Next, si! ft two cups of salt, or something...Who giveshz a sheet...Check the Jose Cuervo.

Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner.

Finally, throw the bowl through the window, finish the Cose Juervo and make sure to put the stove in the dishwasher.

CHERRY MISTMAS.RTR:biga:

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
DABAMAFAN,

You should post this over on the grillin and chillin forum. They would get a kick out of it. Thanks for the post.

FAYETTE4BAMA

1st Team
May 15, 2003
Dunaway and Brown are going to start the callers version of Leonard's Losers back up. That's cool to call in and give your impression of how Ol' Lenny would put it.

Bama Torch in Pcola

Hall of Fame
Dec 18, 2002
"Tuscaloosa Pachyderms," he called the Crimson Tide of University of Alabama. "Oinkers" was his name for the Hogs of the University of Arkansas, or "Swamp Lizards" for the Gators at Florida. He wasn't against poking fun at the college team in his own home town, with his "Red Clay Hounds" name for the University of Georgia Bulldogs. You had to have a sharp ear to listen to Leonard's rapid-fire loser delivery.

http://www.gwinnettforum.com/2001issues/eeb_010710.htm

:biga2: :biga2: :biga2:
Who could forget Tom Osborne's Big Red Thrashing Machine. Or:

"Here's Leonard's list of likely losers..."

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads