Leonard's Losers... What happened to Leonard?

Patently Bama

3rd Team
Aug 1, 2002
Woodbridge, Virginia
I love this guy's take on things, even when he is picking against us he makes it entertaining. This week he says:

South Carolina vs Alabama

The Big Red Herd stomp over to the Williams-Brice Poultry Plant this weekend to continue their march to Atlanta.

Waiting for them will be Captain Cluck and his Barnyard Bosses. Captain Cluck almost got a battlefield promotion last week in his war against the Red Clay Hounds of Georgia.

This week he will get another chance to become Lieutenant-Commander Cluck.

But despite how fierce the Columbia Cluckers have been so far this year, they won't be able to fly out of the way of the Tuscaloosa Tuskers.

Leonard's Loser: South Carolina

GoBama#1

All-SEC
May 4, 2005
Midlothian, Virginia
Patently Bama said:
I love this guy's take on things, even when he is picking against us he makes it entertaining. This week he says:

South Carolina vs Alabama

The Big Red Herd stomp over to the Williams-Brice Poultry Plant this weekend to continue their march to Atlanta.

Waiting for them will be Captain Cluck and his Barnyard Bosses. Captain Cluck almost got a battlefield promotion last week in his war against the Red Clay Hounds of Georgia.

This week he will get another chance to become Lieutenant-Commander Cluck.

But despite how fierce the Columbia Cluckers have been so far this year, they won't be able to fly out of the way of the Tuscaloosa Tuskers.

Leonard's Loser: South Carolina

Sounds to me that he is picking Bama to win....its called Leonard's Losers. He picks the team he thinks will lose.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Leonard "Post-Toasties"...

did indeed die several years ago and his son did take over - I don't know if he's stayed at the helm. Nobody had a way with preposterous words like Leonard...

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
TIDE-HSV said:
did indeed die several years ago and his son did take over - I don't know if he's stayed at the helm. Nobody had a way with preposterous words like Leonard...
It was a special part of being a football fan in The South to listen to Leonard's Losers.

If you know the original Leonards' name, would enjoy having that bit of info. Thanks

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
His site is a permanent link in the Bama Team News just in case anyone wants to listen to it each week. Somehow listening to the show takes me back to when his father did the show and I used to listen to it on the radio all the time way back when. The show is no longer carried on the radio. You can only get his show from his website. Here are the links to this weeks show and his LOSER pick from his smart pill machine. :D

Smart Pill Machine ~ South Carolina vs. Alabama; Leonard's Loser: South Carolina

Leonard's College Show for Week 3 (MP3 Audio)

Last edited:

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Leonard was a genuine hoot to hear when he was alive and on the air. He indeed was a fun part of fall football life in the South. His bombastic predictions were unique and sometimes accurate. A sad passage. His son carried on the show, but it's just not the same.

I can still hear him: "Get me outta here, Percy!!!!" :biggrin:

:biga2:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
leonard's losers, and John Forney made 'pre-TV' ALABAMA football special on Saturday mornings and afternoons in the fall.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads