Bama Game Thread: Official Bama vs Carolina Sweet 16 Game Thread - Roll Tide Fellas

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
It is great to have a chance at revenge as the Elite 8 game in order to advance to our first Final 4 ever.

I watched the highlights above and wow... UNC kept pushing us down 8, 10, 7. We fought back every time. Most teams would have wilted in the face of that pressure.

Credit to Coach Oats and the team. The raise and extension are well deserved.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
Haven't read all 26 pages of this thread but I am sure all of you know what I am about to write, coach has finally got them playing good defense!!! Probably the best chance at going to the final four ever for us!!! UConn looks unbeatable but if our guys can stay hot and play the kind of defense they have played the last two games who knows!!! This team looks rejuvenated, fresh from what we seen towards the end of the regular season. :)

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Not gonna lie, as nice as it is it’s a little contrived. I believe in 08 Florida won the National Title in both Football and Basketball. So you could say they made the elite 8 and the BCS title game. Let alone won the titles, which is a step above.
Yes, but the claim is the CFP, not the BCS. Your point is well taken though.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Time to beat Clemson revenge game I feeling really good now I smell a Final 4.
I was shocked they beat us the way they did in T-town earlier in the year, but now I'm not shocked they are in the EE with us.

Now we know exactly what we are up against. They are an excellent team. They don't look that athletic but they are a very good basketball team.

I think the revenge factor is a good thing...not so much getting revenge but knowing how and why we lost to them in December and CNO having a plan entering this game.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I was shocked they beat us the way they did in T-town earlier in the year, but now I'm not shocked they are in the EE with us.

Now we know exactly what we are up against. They are an excellent team. They don't look that athletic but they are a very good basketball team.

I think the revenge factor is a good thing...not so much getting revenge but knowing how and why we lost to them in December and CNO having a plan entering this game.
You’re exactly correct. Clemson is not a really gifted team in terms of being athletic. However they have really good “basketball players”. They have guys that have a very strong understanding of the fundamentals of the game. They play good defense. They block out and rebound well. They know how to run their system from the half court set. Back in November when they won in Tuscaloosa, I think two big factors played into our loss. First, as a team we were still trying to find ourselves chemistry wise. It was a really clunky game. Second, Clemson never got baited into an uptempo game. They knew the game had to played in the 60’s or 70’s. They couldn’t get in a scoring match with us. They set the tempo. We didn’t.

To win tomorrow, we have to flip that script.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Grant Nelson is the first player with 20 points, 10 boards and 4+ blocks in a Sweet 16 game or later since Kevin Love in 2008 -- and the first SEC player with 20 points, 10 boards and 5 blocks in an NCAA tournament game since Joakim Noah in 2006.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

True ... i would consider this klumson team borderline elite. They have some guys that can flat out play and they are clicking at the right time too. They beat Baylor and Arizona to make it to the elite eight so definitely battle tested. Plus they beat UNC during the regular season as well.

I would rather not lose to this team twice but if we do, I can't be mad at the result unless we just don't show up.

I hope we just overwhelm them early and keep the pedal on the gas the whole game

mlingerfelt31

All-SEC
Mar 9, 2017
Haven't read all 26 pages of this thread but I am sure all of you know what I am about to write, coach has finally got them playing good defense!!! Probably the best chance at going to the final four ever for us!!! UConn looks unbeatable but if our guys can stay hot and play the kind of defense they have played the last two games who knows!!! This team looks rejuvenated, fresh from what we seen towards the end of the regular season. :)
I am with you on UConn right now I will take a Final 4.

Reactions: MOAN

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.