Pate reacts to Bad Officiating (video)

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I didn't think any of the examples he brought up in his video constitute targeting or roughing the passer. There is nothing malicious or with intent to hurt that is showing up in those examples.

Whether the connection to the NFL is there or not (certainly possible), the NFL isn't the barometer that some of its defenders consider it to be. While you could scrutinize every snap and find a penalty every single time, the NFL seemingly allows the Chiefs to get away with a lot more, especially wrapping bear hugs around DEs - which I thought would be considered holding.
That was the point, yet they were called as such. :cool:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
The second half of that segment is spot on!!

As a HC, if the ref was horrible in the game that he just cost you, call him out. A $5k or $10k fine is a drop in the bucket for what you get paid.:cool:
then the vindictive refs call that coach for the a penalty that they didn't even commit. Remember the lineman downfield that we got called for after coach Saban pointed out the refs missed several in one of our games? Even Gary said the call was bogus.

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012
then the vindictive refs call that coach for the a penalty that they didn't even commit. Remember the lineman downfield that we got called for after coach Saban pointed out the refs missed several in one of our games? Even Gary said the call was bogus.
I always thought that the lack of holding calls against our defense that went on for years started out as an unspoken statement to CNS about what would happen if he kept calling out officials.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I always thought that the lack of holding calls against our defense that went on for years started out as an unspoken statement to CNS about what would happen if he kept calling out officials.
It was the only way to keep the opponents in the game. Make no mistake, this is still the entertainment business, and Bama constantly blowing out its opponents isn’t good for them.

Reactions: bamajas

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I get that, but at some point the extra scrutiny would take care of that... :cool:

This would only be effective if several HCs did that. The more that did that would increase that scrutiny.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads