Roster Management for 24-25

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
How many of these guys have the potential to add 10 to 15 pounds of muscle and be much tougher around the rim next season? Stevenson could develop into an all-time favorite for us. He showed a lot of potential as the season rolled along. And perhaps Dioubate could develop into a mule King clone.
We are a herd of gazelles. Not our style. We want to play fast. But I agree Stevenson and Sam need some meat.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'm hoping that Mouhamed Dioubate stays. His injury before the season set him back a bit but he has the ability to be a more athletic version of Herb with better offense ... and we all know how that turned out
Man we could have used Herb this year...lol

He played so dang hard on both ends and could legitimately guard any position in a pinch.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Dioubate fits that mold, he won several awards at the end of his senior season and he has a high bball IQ. Him, Stevenson and Walters are must keeps for continued depth and consistency.
I guess I didn't know about his injury. I like the fact he's a freshman too.

I'm also really interested in how Kris Parker fits. I'm assuming he was redshirted to help him add some weight, but at 6'9" as a guard I'm very, very intrigued! Talk about versatile!

The ones I question the most about fitting in are: Big Mo, Pringle and Cosby, Jr.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Apples to Oranges per what he said VS. roster management for next year, IMO.

He was simply speaking to the roster situation this year. Guarantee he'd rather have 5 shooters on the floor than 4. That's the goal and if we ever have a roster where it works that way...watch out!
It was interesting that the TAMU coach, in his postgame presser, answered the first question about Bama by saying that we had five positionless players who could all shoot the three. I guess he missed Pringle... :)

Reactions: Tidetwin

Bpilktree

1st Team
Jan 7, 2019
A lot of these ratings depend on who they think comes back and who doesn’t. Some of the rankings were conservative and pretty much said all seniors even if they have year left are gone and other articles seemed to think everyone would be back on lots of teams. It probably will be in the middle. UConn might be a top 10 team but with what they have now on roster they will struggle to make top 25. That current lineup projection is awful I expect Hurley to be very big in transfer portal but you never know how those guys mesh.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads