The Good, the Bad and the ugly… dawg style

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Agreed completely with this. I actually got a little nervous when DeBoer told Milroe not to take chances or whatever. We also had way too many penalties at the end of the first half which held us back. Plus the no call PI (I know we got one later) that if it is called we probably put the game away in the first half.
Yet, with all that adversity and blown chances, we still found a way to win. I don't recall a more beautiful interception, than Brown's there at the end. Freshmen won this game.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Perfect- The first 1.5 quarters were flawless.
Good- I tip my cap to UGA for hanging tough and fighting back. I salute Bama for making the final plays to recover victory from the jaws of defeat. Our defense was pretty solid on downs 1, 2, and 3.
Bad- Our running game needs work or more opportunities. UGA literally made 9 or 10 straight 4th down conversions.
Ugly- I had a great day with family, and Bama managed a win, so I refuse to see anything ugly from our perspective. AU's playcalling down the stretch cost them a sure victory.

SkinnyFats

1st Team
Sep 5, 2021
Good: Lots. The first half. Shotgun snaps from the center! Ryan Williams. Milroe. Beating UGA again.
Bad: Our blood pressure in the second half
Ugly: 4th down defense: Georgia went for it 7 times. They converted 5 times, plus two penalties for 1sts.

Reactions: 22Musso22

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Agreed completely with this. I actually got a little nervous when DeBoer told Milroe not to take chances or whatever. We also had way too many penalties at the end of the first half which held us back. Plus the no call PI (I know we got one later) that if it is called we probably put the game away in the first half.
He said don’t force what he wanted to happen and play within himself.

rjtide

1st Team
Dec 15, 1999
AL
good: Bama won
bad: penalties against the good guys
ugly: dont get me wrong, we made 1 more play to win the game....but our lack of 2nd half adjustments on offense and seemingly playing NOT to lose dang nearly cost us the game. yeah this comment is directed at coach deboer and i would think he would agree somewhat with that

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Good: First 18 minutes of the game. JM showed some real growth and potential in addressing his weak points. Defense playing with a vendetta. Initial game plan on both sides was great. We got the W.

Bad: The other 42 minutes of the game minus the amazing catch by Williams and the interception in the end zone. JM fell back into old/bad habits with late and/or behind the receiver throws. lack of giving the ball to the RBs on RPOs was Jalen Hurts like and cost us during the second half.

Ugly: We were outcoached by a HUGE margin with in game adjustments. While the initial onslaught was impressive, UGA weathered all those haymakers, made better adjustments throughout the game than we did. They figured out what the O was doing and pretty much shut it down or at least limited it and almost came away with the win.

Reactions: tideindc

SkullDuckery

1st Team
Dec 28, 2015
Good: the first 20 minutes of the game were a master class on both sides of the ball. The coaches obviously used the bye week to its fullest, on top of clearly having played its cards close to the vest in the first three games. Georgia and Kirby were caught completely flat footed. But….

Bad: the next 37.5 minutes. Here we see just how good Kirby and Georgia are, in their resilience to come back from such a shellacking on the road in one of the most hostile environments you could be in. We also see how green DeBoer and his staff are in this kind of element. But….

Best: Alabama made clutch plays when there was no more room left to loose. Absolute must have plays by two freshman and Milroe.

Ugly: the refs were just horrible. After flagging Georgia for OPI three times! They never call it again despite Georgia committing the fouls even more aggressively in its desperation. The missed DPI on Georgia in the first half likely allowed their comeback to have a chance at all. It was just a sloppy reffed game all the way around. Which is par for the course in the SEC.
I noticed one ref looked like he’s was 60 plus. No way that guy can keep up with what’s going on. We need fit athletic refs with sharp minds.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

CrimsonBloodn62

1st Team
Feb 1, 2002
Tuscumbia, AL
Good: Bama won and CKD is 1-0 vs bowl cut.

Bad: Refs not calling that pass interference right before half costing us points. If points would have been added there, the ending would not have been as stressful.

Ugly: Anything Auburn.

• Haha
Reactions: 22Musso22

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The Good- Every player on the Bama team who played a down. I really can't fault the players for anything. Both sides of the ball proved they are a legit championship caliber team. They showed they can dominate (1st half) and showed they can make the plays needed to be made when the chips are down (2nd half).

The Bad- The coaching in the 2nd half. No adjustments were made offensively to UGA's adjustments. We didn't do anything to try to regain the foot on the gas that we had in the first half. I give the offensive coaching in the first half an A+ and a D- in the second. Gotta do better.

The Ugly- UGA fans realizibg they didn't have a Nick Saban problem. But they've got an Alabama problem and Alabama ain't "retiring". RTR

M2J

All-American
Jan 28, 2007
The Great- Each and every time Alabama opened up the entire offense and was aggressive with the past. They scored, literally

The bad- trying to half heartedly run out the clock in the 2nd half instead of going for 55 points

The ugly- penalties

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads