The Head Coach Hot Seat Rankings for 2024.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
What article, where are the links? Are we just talking about is treatment of the CBS guy? So what.

I think Coach Prime is a "Prime Candidate" for firing with his actions toward the press this past week. He may not get another job at the NCAA level.
Fired for the way he treats the press!? Seriously, when did the press become this holy deity that we all must bow to and respect at all times? Funny how on the political side we hate the press but on the sports side they are untouchable. No, he should not be fired. He didn't use foul or insensitive language. He just expressed his displeasure with CBS. I don't agree with him at all, but I also do not care that he did it. Poor little reporter got his feelings hurt. So what, grow a pair and move on.

The press created this monster with all the pre-season hype last year and then the huge over reaction to their 3-0 start. Even the new EA video game pumps up the CU ego with their ridiculous over-rating of the team and high in game ranking (their offense is #8, team is #16 overall, Sanders is the highest overall rated QB in the game which is a lol joke).

The press made this bed and now they have to sleep in it. Prime is Prime, he hasn't changed, this isn't his first lash out at the press and will not be his last. Why is everyone surprised.

I don't agree with Prime or like him much but, I like him being in college football just because he pushes people's buttons. I love what he said about team chemistry following the CBS lashing, especially the line "some of y'all have bad chemistry at home but still go there every day". That was great.

Should he have lashed out at this guy, no probably not.
Should he be fired for it, definitely not.
Watching the press get it's panties in a wad, priceless.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
What article, where are the links? Are we just talking about is treatment of the CBS guy? So what.

Fired for the way he treats the press!? Seriously, when did the press become this holy deity that we all must bow to and respect at all times? Funny how on the political side we hate the press but on the sports side they are untouchable. No, he should not be fired. He didn't use foul or insensitive language. He just expressed his displeasure with CBS. I don't agree with him at all, but I also do not care that he did it. Poor little reporter got his feelings hurt. So what, grow a pair and move on.

The press created this monster with all the pre-season hype last year and then the huge over reaction to their 3-0 start. Even the new EA video game pumps up the CU ego with their ridiculous over-rating of the team and high in game ranking (their offense is #8, team is #16 overall, Sanders is the highest overall rated QB in the game which is a lol joke).

The press made this bed and now they have to sleep in it. Prime is Prime, he hasn't changed, this isn't his first lash out at the press and will not be his last. Why is everyone surprised.

I don't agree with Prime or like him much but, I like him being in college football just because he pushes people's buttons. I love what he said about team chemistry following the CBS lashing, especially the line "some of y'all have bad chemistry at home but still go there every day". That was great.

Also, there’s still time to edit your post…

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
He wasn't at the top for me but he was one I was keeping my eye on. I'm surprised he has not done more at UF. Besides, fans are fickle...including me.
I still think Napier is solid, but their schedule has not helped him at all. If they had FSU's schedule last year, they would probably have been 10-2 and have people talking about them being back. Their schedule this year is brutal once again.

Reactions: Tidelines

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Now the stuff in that article is worth a firing, I 100% agree. So the press should focus their anger towards that, not at how Prime treats the press.

I'm not editing my post because I was responding to the quoted post about firing him for how he treated the press. I honestly don't care how he, or any coach, treats the press.

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

TraskiTideFan

1st Team
Apr 18, 2009
Savannah TN
I still think Napier is solid, but their schedule has not helped him at all. If they had FSU's schedule last year, they would probably have been 10-2 and have people talking about them being back. Their schedule this year is brutal once again.
To be honest, there has to be something in the water in Gainesville Fl. Because the last 5 hires have all gone off the rails way outside of their perceived character based on where they came from. Some of the post game interviews from all the last Gator Head Coaches make you wonder if they are getting their gatorade spiked during the course of a game. Muschamp was one bad day away from possibly going to jail for assault. McElwain would cry if they won every time the mic was put in front of him. Shannon was a deer in the headlights. Mullen thought he worked for the Empire in a Galaxy FAR FAR AWAY. And Napier is always close to pulling a McElwain. Sadly, everything you read about Napier at UL, it sounded like he was running a lower tier clone of the Capstone. It sure didn't translate well at Gainesville obviously.

Jun 29, 2023
Where the land meets the sky

That's not the only reason. He just isn't that good for the program and I don't think CU is going to win 7 games this year.

Last edited:

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
To be honest, there has to be something in the water in Gainesville Fl. Because the last 5 hires have all gone off the rails way outside of their perceived character based on where they came from. Some of the post game interviews from all the last Gator Head Coaches make you wonder if they are getting their gatorade spiked during the course of a game. Muschamp was one bad day away from possibly going to jail for assault. McElwain would cry if they won every time the mic was put in front of him. Shannon was a deer in the headlights. Mullen thought he worked for the Empire in a Galaxy FAR FAR AWAY. And Napier is always close to pulling a McElwain. Sadly, everything you read about Napier at UL, it sounded like he was running a lower tier clone of the Capstone. It sure didn't translate well at Gainesville obviously.
Shannon?

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
I believe they are having some problems with the Athletic department and boosters as well.

In 2008 I never would have thought that program would go 16 years without a conference championship, and the end does not look like it is in site for them.

Florida is currently 15th in SEC recruit rankings and 42nd in the country for the class of 25. I have to feel like this is the fault of the AD/Boosters.

HighlandOak

Suspended
Mar 8, 2023
only person that had deboer has a possibility 2 years ago, but also picked Napier

Take that as a challenge to find the ones that you said had Napier at the top of their list...:cool:

There’s nothing wrong with it, there is no way to predict the future and the boards are fun because we all get to try and talk about what we think may happen in the future. I’ve had huge misses and been mistaken way more than once. just simply showing that his name was indeed thrown around. So was Aranda at this time though after a 12-2 year only to go 3-9 last year.
I had forgotten about DeBoer as my wild card replacement for Saban. Should've bought a lottery ticket. :ROFLMAO:

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Randy Shannon had a four-game interim stint at UF after McElwain got fired in 2017. To be honest, I'd forgotten about it as well and just figured that Traski had conflated his list of UF coaches with Randy's time at the U, but alas, I was wrong.
Oh, I was thinking Shannon was the first name. I got it now, thanks.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Barring a miracle season, considering their 2024 schedule, Napier is unlikely to make it to the end of the season. I still believe Florida is a coveted coaching position and will attract a lot of interest. My early prediction is Lane Kiffin, but stranger things have happened.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Barring a miracle season, considering their 2024 schedule, Napier is unlikely to make it to the end of the season. I still believe Florida is a coveted coaching position and will attract a lot of interest. My early prediction is Lane Kiffin, but stranger things have happened.
unless the wheels totally fall off or some major scandal happens then I put Kiffin being fired at less of a 1% chance of happening. Yes ole Miss has major exceptions on this year because of who is coming back and the schedule but I think ole miss fans are happy with the results so far

• Haha
Reactions: teamplayer

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.