You can't take over a Nick Saban team and lose to Vanderbilt

denver

All-American
Nov 11, 2017
Taking Vandy lightly should have lasted 8 mins...once they drove it down the field on their first possession stuffing it down our throats and then got the pick 6...our attitude needed to switch to beast mode...but it didn't...it seemed we were on our heels the whole game on defense...i give Vandy players and coaches credit for this..they came to play from the first snap to the last..this is a combination of poor leadership/attitude/discipline on the field and poor coaching off it..a loss can be devastating and ruin a season, or it can be the catalyst to something better...our reaction to this loss will be the telling factor on the mentality of this team and the coaches and how we finish the season

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
with all due respect, we just lost to Vanderbilt. The Eeyores have every right in the world to be “back”.
Yeah but there is a difference between being down after a bad loss and wanting to fire everyone after one. There is way too much of the latter here.

It’s a bad embarrassing loss in the first year of a new regime. It happens.

Reactions: Countrytider2

Countrytider2

1st Team
Oct 25, 2021
Yeah but there is a difference between being down after a bad loss and wanting to fire everyone after one. There is way too much of the latter here.

It’s a bad embarrassing loss in the first year of a new regime. It happens.
As hard as it is to say right now, let’s see how the rest of the season plays out. Roll Tide.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
As hard as it is to say right now, let’s see how the rest of the season plays out. Roll Tide.
I think a huge reason many are taking this so hard is because it’s Vandy… a team everyone has joked about for 40 something years. I still think our worst loss is the 99 LaTech game. There is no reason we should’ve lost any game that year with Shaun Alexander and a highly experienced team behind. To be beaten at home by LaTech probably costed us a chance at a national championship.

I think we will know alot about this particular team in the next 3 weeks. We will know if Milroe and Moore are really the leaders that we have been told or if it is just lip service. If we go 3-0 then the Vandy loss will sting but we will be back talking about playoffs and the staff being good. If we lose 1 or 2 of them then I think winning vs Auburn and LSU will be back to meeting expectations for year 1. I still see DeBoer’s regime as your typical work in progress and we have to give it time. He isn’t Saban but who is? I do still like the direction even if it has these rocky parts.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Okay, but who expected them to beat #1 (at the time) Georgia?

Not many people that I'm aware of.
Part of the issue is how that second half went against Georgia. It was like two games, one of them a loss. 27-11 in the second half was a bad performance, saved only by a fantastic first half performance. The second half against Vanderbilt was still bad as well, 21-17 against Vanderbilt.

So, we've witnessed 6 bad quarters of Alabama football, and the issue is if the first two against Georgia are what this team and coaches are capable of, what the heck have the last 6 been?

Reactions: TD7

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Nothing that we say on this board matters. We are a community, having a discussion.
That's my point - I'm not sure what this thread is supposed to add to the already existing discussions.

The OP statement is patently false, both factually and wrt what's 'acceptable'. He's not getting fired this week, so...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads