JessN: Assistant coach hiring tracker...

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
I'm going to start this post and update it as names are added. It's not complete and for certain things (like will we have a DC, or co-DCs, etc.) we'll just have to wait until official announcements are made.

ON-FIELD STAFF (names in bold are those we have enough information on to believe they are part of the staff going forward, subject to formal introduction; names in italics are coaches we've heard are under firm consideration)

Co-OC/QB: Nick Sheridan
RB: Robert Gillespie
Co-OC/WR: JaMarcus Shephard
TE: Bryan Ellis
OL: Chris Kapilovic
--
DL: Freddie Roach
Co-DC/LB1: Kane Wommack
LB2: Christian Robinson
Co-DC/DB1: Maurice Linguist
DB2: Colin Hitschler

OFF-FIELD STAFF (names in bold are confirmed, names in Italics are coaches we've heard are under firm consideration):
GM: Courtney Morgan
ST/Other: Jay Nunez
RC/RA: Jatavis Sanders, Kevin Green, Jerret McElwain, Robbie Proano, Tony Jones
PD/PP: Matt Shadeed, Eron Hodges, Ali VandenBerghe, David Ballou, Zach Mathers
QC: Tyson Prince, Mitch Dahlen, Chuck Morrell, Ron McKeefery, Ali Smith
General staff/analysts: Josh Chapman, Denzel Devall, Jamey Mosley, Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix, George Banko, Mark Sheridan, Kirk Barron, Ryan Trevathan

Current as of 11:50 p.m., March 4. We will continue to update as necessary.

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I'm going to start this post and update it as names are added. It's not complete and for certain things (like will we have a DC, or co-DCs, etc.) we'll just have to wait until official announcements are made.

ON-FIELD STAFF (names in bold are confirmed, names in italics are coaches we've heard are under firm consideration)

OC/QB: Ryan Grubb
RB: Robert Gillespie
WR: JaMarcus Shephard
TE: Joe Cox
OL: Scott Huff
--
DL: Freddie Roach
ILB:
OLB:
DC/S: Chuck Morrell
CB: Travaris Robinson (not a misprint - rumor is that his move to UGA is not official); Phil Parker -- either name here would be co-DC with Morrell
ST:

OFF-FIELD STAFF (names in bold are confirmed, names in Italics are coaches we've heard are under firm consideration):
GM: Courtney Morgan
RC/RA: Jerret McElwain
QC/ST: Paul Creighton

Current as of 12:05 a.m., Jan. 14. Will update later in the day Sunday.
That could really be an all star staff on the O side of the ball. Thanks a heap, Jess!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Kirby announced it personally and TRob has changed his Twitter/X profile to indicate he has the job. I'd definitely love to keep him but it sure doesn't look promising.
i wouldn’t base it strictly off that. Like I said there is a whirlwind of emotions that have been going on the last 72 hours and now people are starting to settle down. You are starting to see many of the players on defense who are currently in the portal or are rumored to go in kind of change their tune.

I’m not promising that we bring Trob back but it’s not a done deal right now.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
i wouldn’t base it strictly off that. Like I said there is a whirlwind of emotions that have been going on the last 72 hours and now people are starting to settle down. You are starting to see many of the players on defense who are currently in the portal or are rumored to go in kind of change their tune.

I’m not promising that we bring Trob back but it’s not a done deal right now.
I think a few of those, other than the ones already gone, will change their minds and come back

Reactions: SkullDuckery

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think a few of those, other than the ones already gone, will change their minds and come back
I think Bond is gone, and I think he was always looking for a definitive reason out. Could be wrong but that’s looking like the case.

I think alot of players went from pure excitement when KD addressed the team to pure shock when Trob announced he was leaving. I think there was alot of hard feelings and feeling that they (players and coaches) didn’t get assurances that they were instantly expected to have had. I think we are seeing KD now going around personally addressing those concerns because he is done with the circus of the announcement and talking to the media. So look for things to start to settle down.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think Bond is gone, and I think he was always looking for a definitive reason out. Could be wrong but that’s looking like the case.

I think alot of players went from pure excitement when KD addressed the team to pure shock when Trob announced he was leaving. I think there was alot of hard feelings and feeling that they (players and coaches) didn’t get assurances that they were instantly expected to have had. I think we are seeing KD now going around personally addressing those concerns because he is done with the circus of the announcement and talking to the media. So look for things to start to settle down.
I agree that Bond was on his way out before Saban retired. Not sure that he could not be brought back into the fold. Depends on a lot of things that we can only guess about.

I hope he comes back. 4th and 31 was special, just like 2nd and 26 was special. Bond is a special player. He could do wonderful things in the DeBoer offense.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I agree that Bond was on his way out before Saban retired. Not sure that he could not be brought back into the fold. Depends on a lot of things that we can only guess about.

I hope he comes back. 4th and 31 was special, just like 2nd and 26 was special. Bond is a special player. He could do wonderful things in the DeBoer offense.
I think it’s too far into the process, and all you can do is ask the agent of Bond (yes he just hired one) what the price is and pay your best. If he takes it then great, but if he doesn’t load up on Downs and Ryan Williams with the money you were willing to pay Bond.

Reactions: Go Bama and B1GTide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.