Florida hires Louisiana's Billy Napier as new Head Football Coach

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I'd like to see Billy get an offensive coordinator next season. I think I read somewhere where he is going to look into it. I really wanted us to get Todd Monken when he left Georgia last year but doubt it was even something our program looked at. I really think we would benefit from the right person calling plays and helping with the offense.

As far as today's loss goes....no one has scored more against Georgia this year except UAB.

We came in un-ranked.

No one expected a Gator win.

We have the youngest group of starters in the Power 5 and are currently ranked #3 in next year's recruiting rankings.

And all of a sudden..........some are saying Billy is going to be fired?

:rolleyes:
There’s a few on here that think that’s the answer no matter the circumstances.

Reactions: Bazza

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
Mullen gutted the programs talent, billy could be the guy… but I doubt gator fans give him the time he needs to build a program

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Mullen gutted the programs talent, billy could be the guy… but I doubt gator fans give him the time he needs to build a program
That’s the problem. Florida can’t live in a world in which both Georgia and Florida St are better than them and they are having to explain foolish decisions that a coach makes.

Should they fire Billy? No, but then again they probably should have never hired him in the first place either.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Also something to watch for…. In two weeks Ole Miss goes into Athens. I know everyone is already dismissing it, but if Kiffin were to win or at least make it look good then there will be alot of Florida fans and power brokers start coming to a certain conclusion.

Georgia under Kirby has struggled vs quick passing teams with a good running back. Kiffin has both. If Golding has done good against one quality opponent then it’s Georgia. Not calling for an upset but it could be an interesting matchup.

But the point is… Billy better hope Georgia smashes Kiffin or else the headlines today will be nice compared to what they are in two weeks

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Florida has a record of 10-23 in P5 play since the shoe throw of 2020.

Their schedule in 2024 looks to be brutal
*pause*

Goodness, that's brutal. I didn't realize just how bad they've been. Wow.
Billy is a super nice guy and a very good recruiter.

I sincerely wish things will work out for him at Florida.

But......he lacks the "killer instinct" during the game. The "go for the juggler" attitude. Makes DUMB play calls at CRUCIAL times during the game.

I really think if he goes the way that Drink did at Mizzou......and gets a quality OC......a lot of that stuff is resolved.

As far as next year's tough schedule, I couldn't be happier. If we are going in the right direction - after 2 years - we should be able to win the lion's share of those games. If not then let the chips fall where they may. I don't care anymore.

Lastly.....the Florida AD Scott Stricklin should also be included as responsible for how things turn out here.

Season's Greetings! :)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

But......he lacks the "killer instinct" during the game. The "go for the juggler" attitude. Makes DUMB play calls at CRUCIAL times during the game.

I really think if he goes the way that Drink did at Mizzou......and gets a quality OC......a lot of that stuff is resolved.

As far as next year's tough schedule, I couldn't be happier. If we are going in the right direction - after 2 years - we should be able to win the lion's share of those games. If not then let the chips fall where they may. I don't care anymore.

Lastly.....the Florida AD Scott Stricklin should also be included as responsible for how things turn out here.

Season's Greetings! :)
I see Napier in the category of good coach but bad culture. Florida is in a moment in which every one of their rivals are so far ahead of them that something has to go great for them soon or they may have a decade of constant decay.

Napier finds stupid ways to lose games and the Georgia and FSU games are prime examples of it. It also doesn’t bode well that not everyone was over the moon by him being hired. I seriously believe that he desperately needs to beat either Georgia or FSU next year or else serious feelers are going to be put out in places like Columbia Missouri and Oxford Mississippi to get a guy that people think can win now with talent.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I see Napier in the category of good coach but bad culture. Florida is in a moment in which every one of their rivals are so far ahead of them that something has to go great for them soon or they may have a decade of constant decay.

Napier finds stupid ways to lose games and the Georgia and FSU games are prime examples of it. It also doesn’t bode well that not everyone was over the moon by him being hired. I seriously believe that he desperately needs to beat either Georgia or FSU next year or else serious feelers are going to be put out in places like Columbia Missouri and Oxford Mississippi to get a guy that people think can win now with talent.
You know, Lane in Gainesville might be kinda interesting. Florida still likes to think of itself as a kind of maverick offensive coach kinda school. And there is plenty of fresh water around there…

• Haha
Reactions: Russell31210

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
I like Napier. I hope he finds a good OC, if that's what he's doing. It needs to be someone who also recruits well. Florida is a hotbed for football talent. Bama gets a share of them.

22Musso22

1st Team
Sep 2, 2023

Bazza, my condolenses on your schedule. Your schedule is a MONSTER in 2024. I hope Napier can at least help you get to 8 wins or it might be over for him! How many wins do you guys see with this schedule?

crop.png.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Bazza, my condolenses on your schedule. Your schedule is a MONSTER in 2024. I hope Napier can at least help you get to 8 wins or it might be over for him! How many wins do you guys see with this schedule?

View attachment 39303.
Well if they'd let ME call the plays.......I can see anywhere from 8 to 10 wins......EASILY! :)

Latest threads