Going forward, who will be CNS? Coach Nick Saban, or Coach Nick Sheridan? Acronym confusion.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
It wouldn't be so much a problem, except Nick Saban is hanging around. In fact, some of the players say he's actually still coaching. šŸ˜‚ And I totally believe that.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
If we had a coach come in who was nicknamed "Bear" would anyone consider calling him "The Bear"?

I don't think so.

At Bama, there will only ever be one "CNS."

Reactions: mrusso

Superdad

1st Team
Sep 17, 2009
CNSTY - CNS The Younger for Sheridan
CCNS - Current CNS
FCNS - Former CNS

This could get fun.

Jun 29, 2023
Where the land meets the sky
But looking for a short acronym. You want FCNS for Saban. I mean, he was CNS for 17 years. Be kinda hard to change that.
So adding an extra key click is difficult? We could just say, "Saban". Honestly, we would only be speaking about Saban in a "reminiscing" sort of thread or post, or in a post where you refer to something he said on College Game Day. If you refer to the "College Game Day" thread people hardly watch it or dislike it.

If we use CNS for Coach Sheridan it would probably in context of Play calling or offensive performance. Saban has nothing to with either of those duties.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
There is no "Coach Nick Saban" there is "Former Coach Nick Saban" and ESPN Analyst Nick Saban.
He will always be Coach, Kiffin still calls him Coach, I heard an interview on Atlanta radio with Kevin Steele, and he referred to Nick as simply Coach.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Without reading other comments, CNS will ALWAYS belong to the GOAT in my thinking. I guess I'll refer to the other one as Sheridan or NS.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
All coaches refer to each other that way. I haven't coached in 6 years and other coaches still call me coach when I walk down the hall at school.
Well yeah, but that wasnā€™t the point. All those guys refer to him simply as Coach when speaking about him to others. As if there is only one. So why would he stop being Coach. I bet other coaches donā€™t refer to you as Coach when speaking to others about you.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!ā€></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.