Link: Jalen Milroe Working on His Throwing Mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
WATCH: Alabama QB Jalen Milroe changes passing mechanics ahead of spring practice - Touchdown Alabama - Alabama Football (tdalabamamag.com)

It's a short clip, but the ball is coming out smoother. Rooting for him to continue to improve. His celling hasn't been reached yet.
I hope Milroe will also be working on recognizing Defenses, and what to do in those situations.
It is beginning to look like Jalen will be our starting QB, despite his shortcomings. If so, after Spring Practices we will likely hear the theme music from EXODUS. :(

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
It's going to be a new offense. A new offensive line. A new center. In addition to that, Jalen has been working on his mechanics, and looks much better in that regard. I think he'll be great. I think the offense will be tough to beat.

“Everybody knows about the explosiveness as a runner but I also think he’s extremely explosive as a passer too.
He’s an extremely talented player, I don’t think there’s any doubt about it. He’s got a great attitude and a work ethic that’s really unmatched.” - Coach Nick Sheridan

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It is beginning to look like Jalen will be our starting QB, despite his shortcomings. . :(
I think that's a huge leap. Just because the coaches say they are impressed with JM doesn't mean he's going to be the starter. Shoot, he hasn't taken a live snap in action in front of any of them yet.

He'll be fine "recognizing defenses"!
Yeah, we'll see. I figured this thread couldn't stay on topic. Just because he's improved his throwing motion has nothing to do with improving the other things that severely limited him last year.

Not saying he won't or can't but that there's nothing so far to tell us he's made any progress.

The only way to know will be live fire and unless CKD changes the way QBs are used in the ADay game we want see it until next fall.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It's going to be a new offense. A new offensive line. A new center. In addition to that, Jalen has been working on his mechanics, and looks much better in that regard. I think he'll be great. I think the offense will be tough to beat.

“Everybody knows about the explosiveness as a runner but I also think he’s extremely explosive as a passer too.
He’s an extremely talented player, I don’t think there’s any doubt about it. He’s got a great attitude and a work ethic that’s really unmatched.” - Coach Nick Sheridan
i can't wait to see us against uga again in late sept. hopefully with jalen leading the charge

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
I'm neither a JM believer nor disbeliever. I say only that we probably better get used to the idea of JM being the starter, at least at first. And as a minimum, physically, he looks like a very intimidating specimen.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'm neither a JM believer nor disbeliever. I say only that we probably better get used to the idea of JM being the starter, at least at first. And as a minimum, physically, he looks like a very intimidating specimen.
He may start; play a few games; get replaced. OR not start at all. We just don't know.

But I'm pretty sure he WON'T start because he's a specimen.

I think last year's QB race broke alot of people. How it turned out has caused a bunch of people to believe Jalen will be handed the starting role again, by virtue of him being a great athlete.

It may happen that way, but I believe the new staff will look at it with a lot more specifics than just throwing motion, body, popularity, etc.

I just don't get the fascination of assuming he'll start as if these other QBs are chopped liver. The Mack kid is ever bit a "specimen" too; if that's what we are going off of here.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
What is this? A video of JM improving his footwork and throwing motion turned into Debbie downer thread?
We need to do better. He has been working on everything that was an issue for him throughout the season since December. JM has a strong work ethics, and it translates well into the field and locker room. I have faith in JM and the other qbs to show significant improvements this spring. JM has been displaying the leadership throughout the off season. During the exodus of players leaving, JM was one of the leaders to fight hard to keep everyone here. He was the one who greeted CKD.

Like it or not, He will be the QB1 for the spring. The job is his to lose. CKD spoke highly of JM last week and he talked as if he's the starting QB. I think we will see day and night difference in him this fall compared to last season. Stop worrying about who will leave after spring camp. Whatever we lose, we will replace with equal or better talent. I'm not worried about that at all. Let's not forget Penix's progress before and after he came to Washington:

Michael Penix Jr. Career Stats - NCAAF - ESPN

Milroe has a chance to be very very good QB who could go in top 15 pick next year.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
He may start; play a few games; get replaced. OR not start at all. We just don't know.

But I'm pretty sure he WON'T start because he's a specimen.

I think last year's QB race broke alot of people. How it turned out has caused a bunch of people to believe Jalen will be handed the starting role again, by virtue of him being a great athlete.

It may happen that way, but I believe the new staff will look at it with a lot more specifics than just throwing motion, body, popularity, etc.

I just don't get the fascination of assuming he'll start as if these other QBs are chopped liver. The Mack kid is ever bit a "specimen" too; if that's what we are going off of here.
From what I've heard, Mack Kid probably won't be starting this fall.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Against the worst defensive call of all time.
C''mon man. It doesn't matter who has worst, average or better defense, the fact he did it, remained calm and made a right play. That's a QB. JM is a QB. He is definitely is good playing a QB, once the game slows down for him, He will be something special. Lot of people complained about Jalen Hurts and look at him where he is now. JM will be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.