Michigan player offered $1.75 mil to transfer

Alogan1983

Suspended
Feb 12, 2024
...And these are just the early days of NIL, sooner or later this will be chump change. We know how much Auburn will spend to fire coaches, multiple coaches...it's really, if you can't out recruit them, just buy their players instead.

The B1G did sign that $8 billion TV contract in 2022. If it comes down to flat out buying teams, like hired mercenaries, B1G will be hard to top.

timmyj3

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 11, 2019
I wish we had more insight into how NIL works. It seems to me that the players are running the asylum right now. I would expect an NIL deal would be a very litigious type contract that explains duties and obligations for both sides. It doesn't make sense to me.

I get that we are moving to making players "employees" soon. But I would assume that throws all the academics out the window? (at this pint why are we faking that they are college students?). I assume there will be well laid our employees contracts, etc... How does anyone think this is still college amateur athletics??? I fear the SEC and Big10 have created a pro football league. So maybe Aaron Rodgers can retire from the NFL and join a SEC team? I assume that the whole NCAA/school thing is going away sooner than later.

Last edited:

Bama Czar

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Here's a crazy thought.... Overall, people seem to be more supportive of their regional choice in university athletics than they are in a professional team. There are places where the professional sports are more popular.........but if something happens to the student portion of it, could this college athletics thing become THE professional league for the say top 30-40 programs? What if they simply removed the eligibility limitations...then see what happens...... Just a "what if"

Personally, I can't wait for this whole thing to burn down....quicker the better. Then you can start all over...or not at all.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I wish we had more insight into how NIL works. It seems to me that the players are running the asylum right now. I would expect an NIL deal would be a very litigious type contract that explains duties and obligations for both sides. It doesn't make sense to me.

I get that we are moving to making players "employees" soon. But I would assume that throws all the academics out the window? (at this pint why are we faking that they are college students?). I assume there will be well laid our employees contracts, etc... How does anyone think this is still college amateur athletics??? I fear the SEC and Big10 have created a pro football league. So maybe Aaron Rodgers can retire from the NFL and join a SEC team? I assume that the whole NCAA/school thing is going away sooner than later.
Forget about what NIL is supposed to be. In reality, it's pay for play, plain and simple. It has destroyed our beloved college football.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.