South Carolina hires Mike Shula as offensive analyst

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
He is one of our own, so I hope he does well wherever he lands. I'm sure he will be back in the NFL before long.
I have never held any hard feelings towards Shula.

He came into a dumpster fire, in large part out of loyalty to the program.

His tenure was less than stellar, but at least he handled the job with some grace and class.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA

His tenure was less than stellar, but at least he handled the job with some grace and class.
Agree. Mike came in to be the BAMA coach at the worst possible time, especially for a young coach. Unfortunately, he didn't have the experience yet to be a high level head coach at a school like BAMA, especially with all of the sanctions from the NCAA. Yes, he needed to be replaced, but I'm not going to beat him up about it. I think he did the best he could. My memory of Mike Shula will always be "Shula to Al Bell" to beat Georgia.

CrimsonTitles

1st Team
Mar 30, 2015

He did okay, all things considered. It obviously wasn't up to our standards, but he had a lot going against him, and it could have been a whole heck of a lot worse. I still wonder whether Mike Price would have done better or worse.

Reactions: HighlandOak

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Agree with all who noted that Mike came into a dumpster fire. No hard feelings and I hope he does well at USC. Expect him to return to the pros soon... or retire.

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
Agree. Mike came in to be the BAMA coach at the worst possible time, especially for a young coach. Unfortunately, he didn't have the experience yet to be a high level head coach at a school like BAMA, especially with all of the sanctions from the NCAA. Yes, he needed to be replaced, but I'm not going to beat him up about it. I think he did the best he could. My memory of Mike Shula will always be "Shula to Al Bell" to beat Georgia.
Also the drive to set up the FG for Van Tiffin to win the game on the last play.

SkullDuckery

1st Team
Dec 28, 2015
He did okay, all things considered. It obviously wasn't up to our standards, but he had a lot going against him, and it could have been a whole heck of a lot worse. I still wonder whether Mike Price would have done better or worse.
He ran a weak undisciplined program. There was some atrocious football played, it should have been so much better. Without Joe Kines and some warrior players on defense it could have been even worse.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.