South Carolina hires Mike Shula as offensive analyst

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I wish Shula the best and no ill will toward him or his family. But during his tenure it became obvious the guy didn't have any personal or emotional investment for the program he once played. If we wanted to hire someone like that, Sylvester Croom was our guy. That man bled Crimson.

Last edited:

CrimsonCleanse

Scout Team
Dec 5, 2023
Shula was no babe in the woods by any means. He knew he was a placeholder and it showed. I appreciate his time as QB at Bama, but he was not head coaching material. There is a misconception that he took the job when nobody else wanted it. There were others who would have come.

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015
Happy for Mike and I hope he is able to do a good job at USCe (Except for one game a year if they are on the schedule). I will always love Urban Meyer's introduction to the SEC.

We tend to forget the talent on these this team. Prothro=Waddle. What is wrong with Darby up the middle? Who ever heard of this guy DeMeco Ryans. Horse collars and targeting abound :cool:

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Thanks for that replay, I do remember we had 4 or 5 plays called back because of penalties. We were 4-0 and I didnt have any finger nails left after this one and Prothro what a warrior. And Rammer Jammer if you were a UF fan or player welcome to T-Town.

CrimsonPaul

1st Team
Jun 12, 2006
Brandon, MS
I still like Mike for what he tried to do for Bama as coach and as for his time as QB. I still have Prothro's "The Catch" and the 2006 schedule hanging on my wall.

Reactions: Padreruf

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.