Game Thread: washington vs oregon we care a little but not much

LeBron47

1st Team
Aug 30, 2007
This is how I think it will be after today… Michigan, Washington, Ohio State, Alabama or Washington, Texas, Michigan, Alabama First scenario Georgia, Texas and Fla St loses…Second Michigan, Georgia, Fla St loses

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I really thought it'd be cool if Oregon won. That would add another one-loss contender to the chaos. Even better would be an FSU loss, adding another and a Michigan loss to truly make the committee's job a complete cluster.
Washington winning was the better outcome honestly. I don’t trust this committee any further than I can throw them (and with my bad knee, I shouldn’t be throwing anyone) not to put two Whack12 teams in. Now we know for sure Oregon is out, and Washington will be a much easier opponent should we make it in.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I love the committee's logic that Oregon must have been the best one loss team because they blew out teams with losing records. Those guys knows football, never mind that this Oregon team was like all the other Oregon teams, which is to say not championship caliber.
“The same teams lose that always lose” or something like that. Oregon is a fake football program that only exists because of Phil Knight.

Reactions: B1GTide

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame
Washington winning was the better outcome honestly. I don’t trust this committee any further than I can throw them (and with my bad knee, I shouldn’t be throwing anyone) not to put two Whack12 teams in. Now we know for sure Oregon is out, and Washington will be a much easier opponent should we make it in.
I know this, and agree completely. But a part of me still wanted max chaos tomorrow. Alabama, FSU, Georgia, Michigan, Oregon, Texas and Washington all at 12-1. Who couldn't get a kick out of shoving that up the south end of this north-loving committee? :D

[Edit] To borrow from Jess' last commentary on 2022's folly, the four best teams in my Chaos Scenario are Alabama, Georgia, Texas and "who cares."

Reactions: rolltide7854

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I know this, and agree completely. But a part of me still wanted max chaos tomorrow. Alabama, FSU, Georgia, Michigan, Oregon, Texas and Washington all at 12-1. Who couldn't get a kick out of shoving that up the south end of this north-loving committee? :D

[Edit] To borrow from Jess' last commentary on 2022's folly, the four best teams in my Chaos Scenario are Alabama, Georgia, Texas and "who cares."
They would find a way to keep us out, I’m sure.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Just now seeing the final score.

I’m glad Wash won because their defense is BAD.

If we beat UGA and FSU or Tex loses we will be #4 and draw Mich in the Semis

Then the NC would potentially be Bama vs the Wash/FSU or Tex semi winner.

We’d either over power Wash or FSU or get a revenge rematch with Tex.

Just Beat UGA!!!

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Just now seeing the final score.

I’m glad Wash won because their defense is BAD.

If we beat UGA and FSU or Tex loses we will be #4 and draw Mich in the Semis

Then the NC would potentially be Bama vs the Wash/FSU or Tex semi winner.

We’d either over power Wash or FSU or get a revenge rematch with Tex.

Just Beat UGA!!!
I don’t think they‘ll put Washington against FSU in the semis. That would virtually guarantee we get a final just like last year. Washington and FSU need to not play each other so they can both lose in the semis.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Glad Washington won as it eliminates Oregon. If Oregon would have won I could see this committee putting both Washington and Oregon in because they're both just so good! For me, this just eliminates one more road block in front of BAMA. Now, go beat Georgia!!

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I don’t think they‘ll put Washington against FSU in the semis. That would virtually guarantee we get a final just like last year. Washington and FSU need to not play each other so they can both lose in the semis.
Mich’s resume is too superior to not be #1 in my scenario.

Plus they’ve hammered us too much to let us be higher than #4

They’ve backed themselves into a corner with their rankings.