Your realistic and earnest expectations for Kalen DeBoer

BamaFan6462

Aug 24, 2023
I’ve been an Alabama fan since Coach Bryant’s days, but I have trouble predicting this one. I do think an offensive minded head coach isn’t a hindrance like it used to be, but with the game changing the way it is, it’s difficult to predict who can have continued success. Time will tell.

Reactions: Tide Rev

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006
Offensive or defensive minded may not be the most important thing here. Roster management better be your strong suit now days. Heck, you don't even who will be on your team after spring training, much less next year.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Offensive or defensive minded may not be the most important thing here. Roster management better be your strong suit now days. Heck, you don't even who will be on your team after spring training, much less next year.
With CKD bringing in a General Manager, it sounds like he is ahead of the curve...:cool:

I could see other SEC programs implementing this over the course of the next twelve months.

Reactions: Con and dtgreg

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
I hope he does well and stays until retirement. I also hope our fandom expectations don't get in the way. If NIL remains the wild west, there are a lot of teams out there with richer alumni who can leverage NIL better than we can.

Harvard and Yale compete for the 2035 CFB championship!!

Reactions: dtgreg

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
With the expanded playoff, we most likely will be in the mix. Now the best plan will be to peak at the end of the season. Can CKD be able to mold the team to focus on being a late bloomer. Can we fans not get upset about losing to Northeast South Carolina Institute of Mining on week two because it's just a preseason game for all practical purposes? All that matters is make the playoffs, that loss won't affect our conference standing. Going forward, that will be the path to a NC.

BamaFan6462

Aug 24, 2023
Pretty much what I was saying. It‘s going to be difficult to build depth and develop players with potential of them moving on after one or two seasons. It was hard enough getting two injuries at the same position before, but now it will knock a team out of contention. I think it will result in simpler offenses and defenses because of lack of time in one system with the four and five star players.
I‘ve read where several NFL coaches are seeing rookies coming in less developed and feeling more entitled than in the past. Say what you want about the old system, but college freshman sitting out the first season from varsity and two, possibly three years as a starter ain’t necessarily a bad thing. If the NFL has to do more development of players, they’re probably getting close to the discussion of drafting straight from high school, which means college football may see another big change.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Well it is certainly a new day in T-Town with CKD and I like his style. Found this interesting:

To help with social media engagement, Alabama recently hired Walt Brock, founder of Crossovr Collective, a sports branding company that helps athletes develop a personal brand for themselves.

Brock brings a youthful, relatable presence to the young athletes on DeBoer’s squad, and can help bring in some big names to Tuscaloosa.

“Walt Brock is a guy that just stepped foot on campus here this week," DeBoer said. “We’re really excited about what I know he can bring through the experiences he’s had in the past and he’s kind of a big picture, but also a very detail-oriented vision that he has for us.”

It’s a brand new age in Tuscaloosa for the Crimson Tide football program, and the man in charge of it all has already made big steps in order to fit in with the new generation of campus legends.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Well it is certainly a new day in T-Town with CKD and I like his style. Found this interesting:

To help with social media engagement, Alabama recently hired Walt Brock, founder of Crossovr Collective, a sports branding company that helps athletes develop a personal brand for themselves.

Brock brings a youthful, relatable presence to the young athletes on DeBoer’s squad, and can help bring in some big names to Tuscaloosa.

“Walt Brock is a guy that just stepped foot on campus here this week," DeBoer said. “We’re really excited about what I know he can bring through the experiences he’s had in the past and he’s kind of a big picture, but also a very detail-oriented vision that he has for us.”

It’s a brand new age in Tuscaloosa for the Crimson Tide football program, and the man in charge of it all has already made big steps in order to fit in with the new generation of campus legends.

This dude (CKD) "gets" today's players and their culture. He is playing right into their wheelhouse and luring them in like bees to honey. We may see more than Proctor come back to Ttown ladies and gentlemen.

spidermayin

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2018
I expect us to be like Ohio State after Urban Meyer left and Ryan Day took over. Not a huge drop off and in the picture every year for a championship.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I think he will be here 10-15 years and only leaves if he has NFL aspirations.

I think he will continue to put together Top 5-10 Coaching staffs.

He will recruit at a Top 5-10 level

I think he will win 2-3 NC’s and his 1st within 3-5 years.

He will get us to the SECCG more seasons than not and probably win 5 or more SEC Titles.

We will never miss making the expanded Playoffs.

Imo CKD will be an Elite Coach for us.
I hope you are right.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I'm a kool-aid drinking Alabama fan. Coach Saban built a monster in Tuscaloosa that isn't going to crumble anytime soon. Coach DeBoer will win quite a few national titles. Kirby and others will have a harder time defending the "new guy's" offense.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: The Ols

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'm a kool-aid drinking Alabama fan. Coach Saban built a monster in Tuscaloosa that isn't going to crumble anytime soon. Coach DeBoer will win quite a few national titles. Kirby and others will have a harder time defending the "new guy's" offense.
I think CKD is in the perfect place to remain very strong (at the top of the SEC) moving forward.

Whether we like it or not (I, for one, like it), offense is the future of college football. The rules favor it, the "new" football fan loves it and whether we like it or not even CNS saw this was where it was going about 7 years ago.

I think we can win several championships if CKD stays a while because he will get elite talent and we'll put up lots of points. SEC life might be a little harder but an expanded playoff will benefit us to get a spot even if we don't win the SEC. Facing a lot of non-conference SEC teams in the playoff will probably benefit us too. An explosive offense is hard to prepare for if you've never seen it up close and in person.

Windsortide

All-American
Nov 11, 2019
To deliver at least 1 Natty with the players Saban has left behind within the next 3 years like Ericsson, Coker, and The Grass Eater.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I remember The GOAT losing to ULM in his first year and finishing 6-6. I don't expect that but I would be all in at 9-3 this first year. I really expect 11-1 or 10-2. The future is bright!

He also left a very successful program because he had the confidence he could win in T-
town

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: The Ols

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.