BREAKING 2024: Dre Kirkpatrick, Jr. Commits to Bama

CrimsonTitles

1st Team
Mar 30, 2015
Wow. I'm starting to feel old. I attended Bama at the same time as Dre Kirkpatrick Sr. Welcome to the Capstone! Roll Tide!

Reactions: Con

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Pretty cool for Tide fans.

Major question for me is Jr. the real deal OR is this more of a legacy, feel-good, long-range type project?

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
RTR

Major question for me is Jr. the real deal OR is this more of a legacy, feel-good, long-range type project?
Real deal. He's about to get a bit of the bama bump which should take care of fans who are very concerned about that. Though probably still a 3 star guy but way ahead of where most services have him (espn hasnt even evaluated him yet, but now they have to)

The bid deal for him is he added a couple inches of height since last year and like 10 or 15 lbs. He didn't do a ton of camps until this summer and specifically waited to camp at bama until he got his weight where he is now (5'11 195 as of july) he was offeres on the spot at camp. That doesn't happen even for legacy guys if they don't impress at camp. Pretty good chance he's not done growing as well.

He will coming in at an ideal size to play pretty quickly, just not in a good position given depth at safety...but he will be able to compete.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Certainly has the raw material but like Chop said, he’s just a different build than Sr. If he is still growing and it seems like he might be he might not stop at safety. May end up being one of the hybrid types which CNS loves.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

I thought legacy as well, but we need to put some respek on his name. 🤣. He may be better than his dad because he doesn’t mind delivering a blow.

Reactions: Con

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.