COVID-19, Vaccines, and Related Issues Part XIV

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Saw someone comment on Facebook that Matthew Perry’s death was due to getting the COVID shot. I asked if his long history of drug abuse was to blame.

• Wow
Reactions: JDCrimson

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Saw someone comment on Facebook that Matthew Perry’s death was due to getting the COVID shot. I asked if his long history of drug abuse was to blame.
Every single time any celebrity has died since 2021, the nutjobs blame the "clot shot". Not to be crude, but he abused his body for years. You cannot just reverse that. My guess is cardiac arrest and then drowning.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Every single time any celebrity has died since 2021, the nutjobs blame the "clot shot". Not to be crude, but he abused his body for years. You cannot just reverse that. My guess is cardiac arrest and then drowning.
Those idiots couldn't even explain the basics of the coagulation cascade or the extrinsic, intrinsic, and common pathways of coagulation - but sure, they know more than those of us who can.

The two most deadly phrases anymore are "I read this article on the Internet" and "I watched a YouTube video."

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Sorry the man died but having to plow through all the “OMG MATTHEW PERRY DIED” crap is going to upset me more than the death of some guy I never met and was on a show I can count on hand the number of times I watched.
and without meaning in any way to be cruel, he was a drug addict and was open about it. I mean, it's like the eight coworkers I had all died before the age of 60, and every single one of them smoked back in the day when we worked together.

I don't in any any way celebrate their demise or anything, but it was kind of something that we all knew then. This was in the 80s, not prior to the surgeon general disclosing his scientific studies.

I saw the entire series but only because it was at a time long after it went off the air and my ex was into it at the time we were still married. I haven't watched a single episode since that marathon run where we watched it over the course of about a month.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I went back to the Perry thread and checked the profile of the guy (a total stranger) who said the vaccine killed Perry. I saw a picture he posted of a pride flag on fire.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I went back to the Perry thread and checked the profile of the guy (a total stranger) who said the vaccine killed Perry. I saw a picture he posted of a pride flag on fire.
I had a guy yesterday on a Duluth (MN) TV channel I follow claim George Floyd died from a fentanyl overdose. Because, of course......

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
I saw the entire series but only because it was at a time long after it went off the air and my ex was into it at the time we were still married. I haven't watched a single episode since that marathon run where we watched it over the course of about a month.
Now that's true love, brah. A woman who cannot appreciate a man willing to do something like this deserves to be alone.

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022

This is the vaccine that is protein-based rather than mRNA-based. Maybe I don't understand the ins and outs of this, but it seems to me it would be selling better considering how many consumers simply do not trust the mRNA vaxes.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

This is the vaccine that is protein-based rather than mRNA-based. Maybe I don't understand the ins and outs of this, but it seems to me it would be selling better considering how many consumers simply do not trust the mRNA vaxes.
I don’t think they have the remotest clue as to the differences in how the two types of vaccines work. They just don’t want to take the shot and will manufacture a reason, any reason, not to get it.

If mRNA was proven to be as harmless as purified air, they’d come up with something.

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
I don’t think they have the remotest clue as to the differences in how the two types of vaccines work. They just don’t want to take the shot and will manufacture a reason, any reason, not to get it.

If mRNA was proven to be as harmless as purified air, they’d come up with something.
Yeah, that's probably true. Still, I find this odd. Oh well, it's someone else's problem. I'm glad I'm not a shareholder.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

Those who have an aversion have an aversion to them all now, pretty much.

Willful ignorance is far too common.

Reactions: Go Bama

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
and without meaning in any way to be cruel, he was a drug addict and was open about it. I mean, it's like the eight coworkers I had all died before the age of 60, and every single one of them smoked back in the day when we worked together.

I don't in any any way celebrate their demise or anything, but it was kind of something that we all knew then. This was in the 80s, not prior to the surgeon general disclosing his scientific studies.

I quit in 1964, right after the SG's report came out...

Reactions: crimsonaudio

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Well, our luck finally ran out. My wife showed symptoms on Saturday AM, although she said she started to feel a little ill Friday night. We shared our usual goodnight kiss Friday night, so I'm exposed. Unfortunately, I just had my booster only on Monday. She tested negative Saturday AM but positive this AM. I guess we'll how my immune system holds up. Also, unfortunately, I had had to take Prednisone for a couple of days for a knee problem, an immune system depressant. So, we're set up. So far, her symptoms are light, so my fingers are crossed...

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Well, our luck finally ran out. My wife showed symptoms on Saturday AM, although she said she started to feel a little ill Friday night. We shared our usual goodnight kiss Friday night, so I'm exposed. Unfortunately, I just had my booster only on Monday. She tested negative Saturday AM but positive this AM. I guess we'll how my immune system holds up. Also, unfortunately, I had had to take Prednisone for a couple of days for a knee problem, an immune system depressant. So, we're set up. So far, her symptoms are light, so my fingers are crossed...
Good luck and God speed on your wife’s recovery and you not getting it. Anecdotally, I’ve heard lots of reports that this variant isn’t bad: just a bad cold.

Reactions: Go Bama

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Good luck and God speed on your wife’s recovery and you not getting it. Anecdotally, I’ve heard lots of reports that this variant isn’t bad: just a bad cold.
Her worst day was Saturday. She's vacced up, so just headache, joint aches, dry cough. I got Pax called in today. Irritatingly, our usual pharmacy told me, when I got there, that they don't even carry it. Via cell, I had my wife call the PCP's office and they called it to Publix, where I picked it up. She's already started on it. She felt better yesterday and today, still tired and coughing...

Latest threads