Do you have a Pet Peeve (Part II)

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Being told by the server that I made "an excellent choice" when I order food. Was there a bad choice on the menu? Do I get a gold star or something? All I know is I order what I want to eat, I don't care how it ranks on the menu.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Most of what we’re talking about here involves selfish lack of respect and consideration for others.
Which is exactly what I told my buddy when we decided to set aside the pleasantries. He started trying to make excuses but I just cut through the bullcrap and told him "No, you do it on purpose, I've watched you do it to others and it's nothing more than a lack of respect for other people and their time. It's not that complicated."

Last edited:
Reactions: Bazza and Toddrn

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Being told by the server that I made "an excellent choice" when I order food. Was there a bad choice on the menu? Do I get a gold star or something? All I know is I order what I want to eat, I don't care how it ranks on the menu.
Point taken. Would get on my nerves too.

I'll only add that when I was in sales - we were taught that part of the selling "process" was to inform the customer....."You made a good choice!" etc etc to help reinforce a positive transaction.

Reactions: Toddrn

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
WELCOME TO MOE’S!!!

(or whatever establishment you happen to be entering)

if it’s genuine, Excellent!, if it’s a forced corporate “Welcome”, it’s hollow and is ignorable.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I used to work for a Chief that his thoughts in speech were always followed by 'UUH.' It didn't matter what subject, it was always followed by 'UUH'.
In a one hour meeting I counted 64 'UUGs'.
Terribly boring for all. Worse he thought he was a genius in Police Department management. I got a look at his diploma.
He was a grad. of Mississippi State. Not to cast shade on MSU, but
I doubt he took Speech.
He didn't represent MSU very well.
That man drove most of us to distraction.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I used to work for a Chief that his thoughts in speech were always followed by 'UUH.' It didn't matter what subject, it was always followed by 'UUH'.
In a one hour meeting I counted 64 'UUGs'.
Terribly boring for all. Worse he thought he was a genius in Police Department management. I got a look at his diploma.
He was a grad. of Mississippi State. Not to cast shade on MSU, but
I doubt he took Speech.
He didn't represent MSU very well.
That man drove most of us to distraction.
I took speech in my freshman year of college and though I loathed it to death, it was one of the most beneficial classes that has benefitted me even today.

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
The fact that very often when people use the phrase "...the fact that..." what they are referring to is not, in fact, any sort of actual established fact.
Oh boy that one could be used on this site lately. People think their opinions are fact.

• Emphasis!
Reactions: Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
These speed humps/bumps have to be the most absolute lame idea anyone has ever come up with . :rolleyes:

They've put some in here around town and while I put up with some I tend to take alternative routes to avoid them - and in some cases going through neighborhoods that are not usually used for those traveling through an area.

I see worn areas in the medians where drivers go around them.

Then there's cases as mentioned in the video where a driver rear ends another because all of a sudden they brake for these things.

If something like that happened in my town as a mayor I'd have my city workers out the next day taking it out, I can tell you that.

Latest threads