Does anybody from the 2024 class start next year?

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
Now that we pretty much have a set class I am curious who out of this class starts next year. We had Downs and Procter as starters from 2023 but it seems like we always have at least one guy that isn't a 5 star surprise people end up as a starter (DJ Dale, Malachi Moore are 2 I recall).

So, anybody from this class start next year? My two cents would be either Mbakwe at CB or Caleb Odom at TE if he can somehow pass Niblack. If we needed a guard I would say Casey Poe.

Thoughts? I'm bored now after signing day waiting for 1/01/24 when we beat Michigan.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
We bring back a lot of starters next year so there's only a few spots where its even possible

Mbakwe has a great shot at starting at corner but remember he spent the last year at qb so he may need some time, we also have dez ricks on the roster and he's my odds on favorite to start opposite amos. (Assuming kool aid and Arnold are draft bound)

Ryan Williams will play. He will be a lot closer to a starter than a redshirt....starting will be hard but possible. Odds are hes an "or" on the depth chart

Peyton Woodward has a shot at safety but I'd expect story/smith/Mitchell to grab that spot.

Beamon and Steve M. (If they can get their weight up) may crack the rotation which is honestly as good as starting flat that position for us.

Our o line guys really need to add size and we won't have a lot of spots to fill there

Odom will not start right away....may play a lot but dippre outs and niblack return

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
Ryan Williams will eventually start next imo. It's a developmental class in most areas. Nothing wrong with it just not many pressing needs (Sayin for example would start except we have Milroe back.) Injuries could change things, but there's alot of talent in place.

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
Regarding the OL, I don't want a "Proctor" situation again this season where in essence we're forced to start a true freshman and have his entire development process be in game reps and the consequences that come with it. My heart and blood pressure cannot handle that again.
I agree. We really should have portalled in an OT and given Proctor time to develop. It is what it is, and maybe there wasn't one available who was good enough. But that probably cost us the Texas game because Pritchett was not good enough for LT either.

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
We bring back a lot of starters next year so there's only a few spots where its even possible

Mbakwe has a great shot at starting at corner but remember he spent the last year at qb so he may need some time, we also have dez ricks on the roster and he's my odds on favorite to start opposite amos. (Assuming kool aid and Arnold are draft bound)

Ryan Williams will play. He will be a lot closer to a starter than a redshirt....starting will be hard but possible. Odds are hes an "or" on the depth chart

Peyton Woodward has a shot at safety but I'd expect story/smith/Mitchell to grab that spot.

Beamon and Steve M. (If they can get their weight up) may crack the rotation which is honestly as good as starting flat that position for us.

Our o line guys really need to add size and we won't have a lot of spots to fill there

Odom will not start right away....may play a lot but dippre outs and niblack return
I clearly forgot all about Williams when making my post.

I think the point of my post was, "is there anybody sneaky good in this class that isn't a 5 star?" There always seems to be 1 or 2 of those guys. That was why I referenced DJ Dale and Malachi Moore. Nobody thought they would start their freshman years.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.