It's Time to End the "War on Drugs"

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
I wish Alabama would do this. So many residents here absolutely rend their garments on a regular basis over the cost of social programs, but think nothing of spending untold amounts of money keeping potheads in prison. These people, I swear.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It all depends on whether you enjoy or hate your employment or where you fall in between.
He makes exactly that point. He loves what he does, as I do. I enjoy waking up to a new challenge almost every day. It makes my day, when a knotty problem lands on my desk first thing, like it did this morning...

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I sincerely wish our state would legalize medical marijuana. I just finished 10 rounds of radiation week before last, had a port placed last Tuesday, and started chemo on Thursday. This is starting to take its toll, and I'd love to know if smoking a marijuana cigarette would make me feel better. I have absolutely no appetite and am nauseated most of the time. It's bound to help with that.

There is a CBD store across the street from my office. I'm going to try some of their Delta 8 (or is it 9) gummies and see if that helps. The Delta gummies are legal in Tennessee.

I don't feel terrible all the time, but I'm going to be glad to get all this chemo and radiation behind me. I finish the chemo sometime in March.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I sincerely wish our state would legalize medical marijuana. I just finished 10 rounds of radiation week before last, had a port placed last Tuesday, and started chemo on Thursday. This is starting to take its toll, and I'd love to know if smoking a marijuana cigarette would make me feel better. I have absolutely no appetite and am nauseated most of the time. It's bound to help with that.

There is a CBD store across the street from my office. I'm going to try some of their Delta 8 (or is it 9) gummies and see if that helps. The Delta gummies are legal in Tennessee.

I don't feel terrible all the time, but I'm going to be glad to get all this chemo and radiation behind me. I finish the chemo sometime in March.
godspeed go bama. i hope the treatments go well and you are able to find some relief

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL

Good luck @Go Bama !
Hope Mia is doing well these days

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Good luck @Go Bama !
Hope Mia is doing well these days
Mia is finally doing better. She's about 10 pounds above her critical weight where organs don't function properly. She's able to go swimming twice a week now as of two weeks ago. Mia turned 15 in September and got her driver's permit so she's driving a lot.

Mia plays violin with the Jackson Symphony Youth Orchestra and they have been busy. Violin lessons are Wednesday night, and symphony rehearsal on Thursday. Last week the youth symphony played with the Jackson Symphony Orchestra, so they had dress rehearsal on Friday night, then the performance on Saturday. There was a matinee and then an evening performance. Sunday, her violin instructor, who plays with the Jackson Symphony, asked Mia to play with her at a Lutheran service.

All of this is just to say she is getting her life back and is starting to be a kid again. It's been a HUGE load off of my wife and myself. Mia only goes to the doctor once a month now.

So thank you for asking, Tug. I think she's improving pretty quickly. She had been feeling poorly for almost two years.

Last edited:

Latest threads