Milroe & Arnold & Hayes doing LANK song

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I love this....the anti-Milroe crowd comes out because you post something about Milroe. Then complain that those same folks aren't "targeting" Arnold when Arnold isn't even on the team anymore.

Bryce was doing commercials while also still playing QB at a high level. Milroe has never played QB at a high level.....if he can do it and still do all his NIL stuff that's wonderful. A-day says he hasn't improved much, but we shall see.
Thank you for proving my point but as Bamaville said I will post about QB performance under the QB thread.

• Haha
Reactions: Cruloc

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
That wasn't about him. Though maybe he has adopted it personally.

And, yeah, I still doubt him. Will until he shows me something. Not personal. I am pulling for him.
Here is the origin of LANK.

What does Alabama's LANK mean?
LANK stands for "Let All Naysayers Know." It's a mantra created by Milroe and Arnold before the season.

“LANK was something we built in the offseason,” Milroe told reporters in September. “We came in as one unit to think of a motto to push our team. There was a lot of doubt throughout the offseason. We came together and made that our motto this year.”

On Dec. 21, Alabama announced all players on the roster have the ability to profit off their NIL in conjunction with LANK, creating merchandise that includes specific players' likeness. There's also an official LANK merch pop-up in Pasadena, California, for the Rose Bowl, which started on Saturday and lasts through Tuesday.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I'm not a huge fan of LANK. I think it's a little corny. I also think doing a country song for it is even more corny.

But I'm also not sure you should just throw away motivational phrases/mantras/whatever every time you lose. Most of us didn't expect the team to make a national championship or beat Georgia. Many of said we'd consider an SEC championship and playoff spot a successful season. They did that. But now the LANK thing backfired because we lost in OT to the eventual Champs? Idk that seems like a successful season for a team that admittedly had limitations at QB a revolving door at times at LT (especially vs Michigan and hurt) and a C who couldn't snap the ball.

Anyway. Overall point is I see most of this as kinda corny. But I also don't care all that much about it and if they're making money off of it good for them. And heck maybe it helps them/motivates them. I've had phrases in the past that have really helped me and I didn't throw them away just because I didn't always succeed.

CrimsonTitles

1st Team
Mar 30, 2015
I'm not a huge fan of LANK. I think it's a little corny. I also think doing a country song for it is even more corny.

But I'm also not sure you should just throw away motivational phrases/mantras/whatever every time you lose. Most of us didn't expect the team to make a national championship or beat Georgia. Many of said we'd consider an SEC championship and playoff spot a successful season. They did that. But now the LANK thing backfired because we lost in OT to the eventual Champs? Idk that seems like a successful season for a team that admittedly had limitations at QB a revolving door at times at LT (especially vs Michigan and hurt) and a C who couldn't snap the ball.

Anyway. Overall point is I see most of this as kinda corny. But I also don't care all that much about it and if they're making money off of it good for them. And heck maybe it helps them/motivates them. I've had phrases in the past that have really helped me and I didn't throw them away just because I didn't always succeed.
It may well have been a successful season, but it's certainly not up to the Bama standard. Some of the fans might consider it to be a semi successful season, but I don't think we want the players to consider it a successful season. I want them to be angry and come out with a chip on their shoulder. Making a song about LANK just makes me feel like they're satisfied. And in hindsight, some on the team were talking a lot of smack with regards to the whole LANK thing well before we ever started winning. As the late, great Toby Keith so eloquently put it, we need to see "a little less talk and a lot more action".

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I was okay with it until Pasadena. I said if we beat Georgia after the Texas fiasco then it would make my year. But Pasadena revealed a lot to me and I just can’t get over how un Alabama and un Saban like we looked on and off the field.

I still see it as a successful season beating Georgia but sometimes success hides deeper issues

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I was okay with it until Pasadena. I said if we beat Georgia after the Texas fiasco then it would make my year. But Pasadena revealed a lot to me and I just can’t get over how un Alabama and un Saban like we looked on and off the field.
I was appalled by what Milroe yelled after the Iron Bowl. That is NOT how a Bama player acts, period.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I do recall one of our past coaches stating "Act like you have been there before." If college ball gets to the LANK songs from Bama. I have been a Bama fan and supporter for over 50 years. If the team digresses to reading what we post on the internet and singing about it. Ill do what Saban did and retire from Bama football.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I don’t think it’s possible for Bama fans to agree on what a “successful season” is when there are people who think “making the playoffs” and “playing for a national championship” are the same thing.
I don't think anyone seriously thinks that fwiw

• Thank You
Reactions: 92tide

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don't think anyone seriously thinks that fwiw
idk there was seriously a poster that believed that Milroe was a better quarterback than Bryce and Tua. JS

I think the problem is that the totally pro and totally anti Milroe factions make up a bunch of bogus points that it becomes difficult to gauge what is actually being said. I think it’s to the point that we are fighting a battle over whether or not Milroe should be subject to criticism or not because we have all grown tired of the extreme portions of the argument.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
idk there was seriously a poster that believed that Milroe was a better quarterback than Bryce and Tua. JS

I think the problem is that the totally pro and totally anti Milroe factions make up a bunch of bogus points that it becomes difficult to gauge what is actually being said. I think it’s to the point that we are fighting a battle over whether or not Milroe should be subject to criticism or not because we have all grown tired of the extreme portions of the argument.
I can tell you this whole thing has definitely made me feel crazy lol.

I've somehow become a Milroe guy and I very much was not one before last season or even the end of this one. Although I often end up taking sides that I don't fully believe because I find certain arguments against annoying.

I just want to watch Alabama football. Stinks the season is so far away.

Reactions: dtgreg and B1GTide

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I can tell you this whole thing has definitely made me feel crazy lol.

I've somehow become a Milroe guy and I very much was not one before last season or even the end of this one. Although I often end up taking sides that I don't fully believe because I find certain arguments against annoying.

I just want to watch Alabama football. Stinks the season is so far away.
Honestly I’m to the point where i just can’t wait for both Milroe and Simpson graduate or declare for the draft. It’s the Coker vs Sims argument on steroids in which all sensible people understand neither are heisman picks or first rounders (even though some nfl GMs are morons). It’s just brought out the worst of the board.

At this point I’m just watching baseball and seeing what to do over the summer. I’m looking forward to my last Alabama road trip as well but not looking forward to the cost. That said I don’t know if the season getting here is going to make the debate anymore tolerable… I think it may even get worse.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I don't know ... seems like he still has his fair share of naysayers this season :unsure: lol
Post of the year so far. Get screenshots and keep them handy for next year. He was mauled last year after the Texas game. Then Alabama reeled off 12 straight wins and people were having to eat crow, delete posts, log in with other accounts etc. Then logging in to other accounts and celebrating an SEC championship and wondering why folks were calling BS. Then the same people had and still are having a field day because we lost to Michigan in the semifinal. The clear fact that they crucified this player, I’m not going to call him a kid “because he’s getting paid so he deserves it.” Folks, a lot of the people having problems with Lank are and were Naysayers to begin the year last year because they were at the REC scrimmage or have become self taught QB coaches talking about “reading defenses” but couldn’t define pattern match coverage to save their life. . The Cult of “Milroe is not a Quarterback.” I, for one, will support all players that play for UA this year and not marry a narrative to try and make myself look important on a message board. RTR.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Post of the year so far. Get screenshots and keep them handy for next year. He was mauled last year after the Texas game. Then Alabama reeled off 12 straight wins and people were having to eat crow, delete posts, log in with other accounts etc. Then logging in to other accounts and celebrating an SEC championship and wondering why folks were calling BS. Then the same people had and still are having a field day because we lost to Michigan in the semifinal. The clear fact that they crucified this player, I’m not going to call him a kid “because he’s getting paid so he deserves it.” Folks, a lot of the people having problems with Lank are and were Naysayers to begin the year last year because they were at the REC scrimmage or have become self taught QB coaches talking about “reading defenses” but couldn’t define pattern match coverage to save their life. . The Cult of “Milroe is not a Quarterback.” I, for one, will support all players that play for UA this year and not marry a narrative to try and make myself look important on a message board. RTR.
I am not sure what you said there, but Roll Tide.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Honestly I’m to the point where i just can’t wait for both Milroe and Simpson graduate or declare for the draft. It’s the Coker vs Sims argument on steroids in which all sensible people understand neither are heisman picks or first rounders (even though some nfl GMs are morons). It’s just brought out the worst of the board.

At this point I’m just watching baseball and seeing what to do over the summer. I’m looking forward to my last Alabama road trip as well but not looking forward to the cost. That said I don’t know if the season getting here is going to make the debate anymore tolerable… I think it may even get worse.
I don’t think the Sims/Coker debate was anywhere near this bad. I would say not even the Hurts/Tua debate was this bad.

Reactions: dtgreg

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I don’t think the Sims/Coker debate was anywhere near this bad. I would say not even the Hurts/Tua debate was this bad.
They weren't.

I'd agree that there are people on both sides taking things to an extreme.

Some say he needs to change positions because of how bad he is at the Position. That's extreme to me. He's flawed and needs to get better in a LOT of important areas but I don't think he's completely in the wrong position.

The other side though act like he pretty much doesn't have to fix anything because of reasons that have almost nothing to do with the QB position.... Like Heisman and Draft odds and making the CFBP last year.

Now we even have people saying they are openly rooting for him to be QB1 just to Spite the people who think Ty is the better option.

There's a lot of Childishness and Ignorance on display and it makes it difficult and laborious to even try to discuss it anymore.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
They weren't.

I'd agree that there are people on both sides taking things to an extreme.

Some say he needs to change positions because of how bad he is at the Position. That's extreme to me. He's flawed and needs to get better in a LOT of important areas but I don't think he's completely in the wrong position.

The other side though act like he pretty much doesn't have to fix anything because of reasons that have almost nothing to do with the QB position.... Like Heisman and Draft odds and making the CFBP last year.

Now we even have people saying they are openly rooting for him to be QB1 just to Spite the people who think Ty is the better option.

There's a lot of Childishness and Ignorance on display and it makes it difficult and laborious to even try to discuss it anymore.
Yeah, it’s really weird because there doesn’t seem to be any middle ground with Milroe. He’s the most polarizing player I’ve seen since Tim Tebow (but for different reasons).

I never agreed with the changing positions argument either because that is normally reserved for players who are designated “athletes” or players who are tweeners physically, like Latu switching from LB to TE. I haven’t looked but I would imagine Milroe has played QB all his life for the most part, and changing positions likely wouldn’t help at this point. Plus, that whole argument goes out the window if the player doesn’t want to change positions in the first place (not singling out Milroe here, this goes for all players).

Latest threads