Milroe & Arnold & Hayes doing LANK song

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If JM is on trial for anything it's for his play on the field!

That's my biggest concern: not being able to read defenses, not able to go thru progressions, bad footwork, bad accuracy, lack of touch on short throws, etc. (I think we all know these things, but they are so offensive for someone who has been hailed as a "star" by media, fans, etc. it just needs to be said that he has MAJOR struggles related to QB skills).

Now, I'm not in the camp "he's not a QB" (just to get that out of the way), but I am in the camp that he's like 99.9% of us and struggles with elite QB talents like those listed above. But unlike 99% of us he's also a world class athlete that has a chance to improve enough to maybe become a better QB for Bama and beyond!

I wish we could leave it at that but because of his MAJOR weaknesses, his trial in the court of public opinion spills over into what he doing off the field too! And make not bones about it LANK is his idea and so he's running with it!

Every time JM turns around he's repping LANK, going to Talledega, making media appearances, giving interviews, etc. I don't know who is responsible for these things! Is it UA? Does he have an agent? IDK, but I'm almost 100% sure this is not all arranged by JM. He's not a "business man" so somebody is doing this for one reason: money for them!

JM, however, is complicit with is and this is the rub! Every time JM is put in the spotlight it give off the LOOK that he's not being the ALABAMA QB we need him to be. The one who is really working at eliminating all of those major flaws. What about BY's NIL deals? Really, how can anybody compare the development of the two (and if I'm not mistaken JM is actually older than BY right now - at worse same age I think)???

This thread has become a mess, but I really feel like the "concerns" about JM and LANK were really exposed in the first couple of pages.

What JM is doing/being led to do is not WRONG. It's just a BAD LOOK for someone who is not very good yet at his job. It looks, one again, like he's not practicing very good self awareness to know what he really needs to be doing. It looks like he believes he's a star, when he couple possibly not even be the starter next year.

It's not that he shouldn't take advantage of NIL, but the problem IMO but all the other players with NIL deals are enjoying the benefits of NIL but they aren't in the spotlight all the time but they are putting their noses to the grindstone and working their butts off mostly in anonymity.

Bottom line, in the months between spring ball and fall camp we should rarely be hearing about the Bama QB doing anything but working on his game. JM has so many holes in his game he should go into monastery mode over the next few months to work on his QB skills.

Reactions: Cruloc

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I think that winning the SEC championship constitutes a successful season.
I think there was a day that the majority of college football fans/Alabama fans would agree with this. But those were the days before the BCS, the four-team playoff, and now the 12-team playoff. The bowl games were seen more as a reward for a great season and seen more as an "exhibition". The conference championship was held in very, very high regard. However, nowadays, the conference championships are still seen as a good accomplishment. But now many view it as a must win to get to the playoffs. There's a lot of NC or "bust" fanbases that didn't exist "back in the day".

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I think there was a day that the majority of college football fans/Alabama fans would agree with this. But those were the days before the BCS, the four-team playoff, and now the 12-team playoff. The bowl games were seen more as a reward for a great season and seen more as an "exhibition". The conference championship was held in very, very high regard. However, nowadays, the conference championships are still seen as a good accomplishment. But now many view it as a must win to get to the playoffs. There's a lot of NC or "bust" fanbases that didn't exist "back in the day".
winning the conference doesn't even matter anymore. in the 12 team playoff world, not even playing in the conference championship helps you.one less game where your star player could get hurt.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Now we even have people saying they are openly rooting for him to be QB1 just to Spite the people who think Ty is the better option.
Not accurate. Rooting for Milroe because I think he has gotten unfair criticism is not the same as rooting for him to be QB1 to spite people who like Ty better.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
To me, the SEC championship is the second biggest prize in college football aside from the national championship.

Winning that alone constitutes a successful season to me.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think that winning the SEC championship constitutes a successful season.
In a vacuum, almost 100% of Bama fans would agree. But we know last year was the weirdest year of CNS coaching tenure.

I'd argue that SEC Championship glory was not worth it when you consider how it was the only good thing that really happened last year. Do we forget how painful and what a mess last year was???.

- The LANK crap blew up on those players after getting beat by UT at home in what is arguably the biggest regular season home game of CNS tenure.

- JM's suspension for not being coachable and the USF game debacle which followed.

- The team meeting after that game and whatever led to JM's reappointment as starter (not even going to get into the details of what did or didn't happen cause they don't matter for this line of thought).

- CTR having to reinvent/simplify the offense mid season because it was obvious we couldn't keep being that inept on that side of the ball to win games.

- The lucky win against Auburn, which gave JM the opportunity to claim he should be given the Heisman even though he had a terrible game AND the unexpected victory over Georgia really engorged some false confidence.

- The loss to UM and the horrendous week afterwards when key players were worrying more about NIL deals than losing or getting it right next year.

ALL of this pushed the GOAT out of a job he loved doing. Was the SEC (the one anomaly of good for the season) really worth it?

Reactions: REBELZED and mlh

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
To me, the SEC championship is the second biggest prize in college football aside from the national championship.

Winning that alone constitutes a successful season to me.
That's my point, there was a day when most people felt the same way you do about the conference championship. But that number has changed. If a team still makes it in the playoff while not playing for or winning their conference championship, they're not losing sleep over it.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
In a vacuum, almost 100% of Bama fans would agree. But we know last year was the weirdest year of CNS coaching tenure.

I'd argue that SEC Championship glory was not worth it when you consider how it was the only good thing that really happened last year. Do we forget how painful and what a mess last year was???.

- The LANK crap blew up on those players after getting beat by UT at home in what is arguably the biggest regular season home game of CNS tenure.

- JM's suspension for not being coachable and the USF game debacle which followed.

- The team meeting after that game and whatever led to JM's reappointment as starter (not even going to get into the details of what did or didn't happen cause they don't matter for this line of thought).

- CTR having to reinvent/simplify the offense mid season because it was obvious we couldn't keep being that inept on that side of the ball to win games.

- The lucky win against Auburn, which gave JM the opportunity to claim he should be given the Heisman even though he had a terrible game AND the unexpected victory over Georgia really engorged some false confidence.

- The loss to UM and the horrendous week afterwards when key players were worrying more about NIL deals than losing or getting it right next year.

ALL of this pushed the GOAT out of a job he loved doing. Was the SEC (the one anomaly of good for the season) really worth it?
I'll take a glass half full posture and say that considering our limitations last year, winning the SEC and vanquishing UGA was a huge success.

Maybe I'm just an old fart, but winning the SEC is goal #1 in my mind...everything that comes after that is just icing.

I wasn't happy with the way the season ended last year, but I'm still happy we had the success we had.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
winning the conference doesn't even matter anymore. in the 12 team playoff world, not even playing in the conference championship helps you.one less game where your star player could get hurt.
12 team playoff makes things watered down doesn't it.

Last year we would have had:
Liberty at Florida State.....winner playing Bama
Missouri at Oregon.....winner playing Michigan
Ole Miss at Georgia.....winner playing Texas
Penn State at Ohio State......winner playing Washington

That's 4 SEC teams in a 12 team playoff, with a 5th on the way. A 3rd of the playoff teams.

3 Big Ten
1 ACC
2 Pac Ten....both moving to the Big 10.
1 Big Twelve....moving to the SEC.
1 sacrificial lamb from a Group of 5 conference.

So basically the playoff would have been 5 SEC.....5 Big Ten....FSU and Liberty.

The SEC and Big 10 have all the leverage.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
12 team playoff makes things watered down doesn't it.

Last year we would have had:
Liberty at Florida State.....winner playing Bama
Missouri at Oregon.....winner playing Michigan
Ole Miss at Georgia.....winner playing Texas
Penn State at Ohio State......winner playing Washington

That's 4 SEC teams in a 12 team playoff, with a 5th on the way. A 3rd of the playoff teams.

3 Big Ten
1 ACC
2 Pac Ten....both moving to the Big 10.
1 Big Twelve....moving to the SEC.
1 sacrificial lamb from a Group of 5 conference.

So basically the playoff would have been 5 SEC.....5 Big Ten....FSU and Liberty.

The SEC and Big 10 have all the leverage.
That would have been an interesting game if Travis is QB.

Their defense was legit. How would JM have handled it?

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
IF this season doesn't go well, imagine having to explain that to his kids and grandkids???
A lot of these players are already covered in tattoos, so he could probably just skip that explanation and move onto the next one.

• Haha
Reactions: BamaMoon

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
A lot of these players are already covered in tattoos, so he could probably just skip that explanation and move onto the next one.
Or, just add a "C" to the front of it.

If all of this talk doesn't lead to something big it'll be a big "CLANK."

Couldn't
Live up to
All the
Nonstop
Kibitz

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mlh and Cruloc

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
That would have been an interesting game if Travis is QB.

Their defense was legit. How would JM have handled it?
FSU playing Bama.....with Travis not hurt....with FSU having a legit defense.

Note: That game probably happens with the seeding being switched if Travis was there. We'd have played Liberty and then gone play at FSU. With Travis out they'd have played in Tuscaloosa.

With them having Travis and a legit D.....us having Milroe and a legit D.....game at FSU because they'd have been ranked #4 with Travis.....their D shuts down Milroe, close game, we have a shot, but not enough offensive production.

Latest threads