Game Thread: NCAA Round 2 General Game Thread (All Non Bama Games)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Seemed to work for round one. Let’s do it again.

Saturday 3/23/24 - 2nd round of March Madness

All times are CDT
  • Game 1: (2) Arizona v (7) Dayton | 11:45 a.m. CDT | CBS
  • Game 2: (4) Kansas v (5) Gonzaga | 2:15 p.m. CDT | CBS
  • Game 3: (1) North Carolina v (9) Michigan State | 4:30 p.m. CDT | CBS
  • Game 4: (2) Iowa State v (7) Washington State | 5:10 p.m. CDT | TNT
  • Game 5: (11) NC State v (14) Oakland | 6:10 p.m. CDT | TBS
  • Game 6: (2) Tennessee v (7) Texas | 7 p.m. CDT | truTV
  • Game 7: (3) Illinois v (11) Duquesne | 7:40 p.m. CDT | TNT
  • Game 8: (3) Creighton v (11) Oregon | 8:40 p.m. CDT | TBS

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TexasBama

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
What is so weird (at least to me) is having teams in same Region playing on different days. Today for example you have North Carolina playing Michigan State and Bama plays GC tomorrow evening, with winners of each meeting next week.

IIRC it use to be all the teams in one region played on the same day in the first two rounds, like East/Midwest played on Thursday/Saturday and South/West would play Friday/Sunday.

I guess this is part part of the Pod system the NCAA implemented to make travel easier for teams and fans.

Yet you still had three teams from Alabama flying across the country to play in Washington.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I’ll be watching UNC/MSU with a lot of interest today, as most Bama fans. Is it just me, but I think we may match up better with Carolina than Michigan State. Crazy?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
What is so weird (at least to me) is having teams in same Region playing on different days. Today for example you have North Carolina playing Michigan State and Bama plays GC tomorrow evening, with winners of each meeting next week.

IIRC it use to be all the teams in one region played on the same day in the first two rounds, like East/Midwest played on Thursday/Saturday and South/West would play Friday/Sunday.

I guess this is part part of the Pod system the NCAA implemented to make travel easier for teams and fans.

Yet you still had three teams from Alabama flying across the country to play in Washington.
the good news is that we fly from Spokane to LA. So shouldn’t be a bad flight.

Reactions: CB4

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Visited the AU board yesterday and Bruce Pearl was a name that kept coming up as a replacement for Calipari. I'll just assume some of that talk has died down today. :)
A few months ago I heard CNO's name associated with possibly replacing Cal too.

Byrne wrapping CNO up long-term the day UM fired Howard was so well timed it will save us a lot of and because CNO's name will come up every time there's an opening in the future.

Reactions: dathbama

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
What is so weird (at least to me) is having teams in same Region playing on different days.

that part should be in blue, right?

• Haha
Reactions: CB4

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Man I like Anthony Grant. Solid dude. Too bad things didn’t work out for him in Tuscaloosa. But, by the same token, he could never really get the program over the hump.

Glad he having success at Dayton. Probably a better fit all around for him.
Always liked him too, but, man, talk about how we are in a "different world" with CNO.

Remember all those games with Grant that we could barely score 60 points???

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Man I like Anthony Grant. Solid dude. Too bad things didn’t work out for him in Tuscaloosa. But, by the same token, he could never really get the program over the hump.

Grant is an excellent mid-major coach and a good guy. Just not a good fit at Alabama. His ceiling is a place like Dayton. He probably had his best team ever in 2020. Covid really screwed him. His team was 29-2 going into the conference tournament. Probably would have been a #1 seed and with a senior loaded experienced team, there is no telling what could have been.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

I told my wife the same thing - almost in the exact same words you typed - when they interviewed him prior to the game

Reactions: dathbama and CB4

Latest threads