Game Thread: NFL: Patriots vs. Bills... (10/22/23)

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Hate I missed it. But the Falcons won on a FG at the buzzer and I just saw the Giants stop Washington on the goal line.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
To be honest, I think he was legitimately hurt. And it would have taken a miracle for Washington to win at that point.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Absolutely. But it’s all Mac’s fault…

So happy for him today. Roll Tide.
Well people who blame it on Mac are trying desperately not to state the obvious…. Belichick is basically the typical defensive coordinator who gets head coaching jobs.

Compare Mike Tomlin without Ben Roethlisberger and Bill Belichick without Tom Brady and you would think Tomlin is the guy that everyone thinks is closer the greatest of all time and not Belichick. Keep in mind Tomlin plays in the AFC North and has never had a losing season once.

Tomlin is 31-25-1 without Ben playing with while playing with the likes of Mason Rudolph and Duck Hodges for a whole year.

Belichick is 82-94 without Tom Brady. He has far better to deal with than Mason Rudolph and Duck Hodges in a historically worse division in the AFC.

My point is that everyone wants give Belichick every praise in the world for 6 SBs but doesn’t want at the same time acknowledge that his GM and coaching choices the past 5-6 years are the #1 and #2 reasons they are in the current predicament they are in. Not saying Tom Brady would have won more than 1 SB without Belichick but I can say his personality and his willingness to take legitimate pay cuts really made the Patriots a truly unique situation that led to 9 SB trips.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Well, Belichick got his 300th win. How many more before he passes Shula and NE’s nightmare is over? Too many for Mac I’m afraid. Hopefully he can recover well enough to get a good trade.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well, Belichick got his 300th win. How many more before he passes Shula and NE’s nightmare is over? Too many for Mac I’m afraid. Hopefully he can recover well enough to get a good trade.
Belichick got a secret “please don’t break the record with the Cowboys” deal that no one knew until Friday. I fear that Kraft would rather go down on a sinking ship than see Belichick go to Dallas, Tampa, LA, or back to Cleveland who have rosters that would take him years to mess up and that he could break the record in a matter of years.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Shula had 328 regular season wins. If you add in playoff wins, Shula leads 347-331. George Halas had 318 regular season and six playoff for 324 total.

• Thank You
Reactions: TideEngineer08

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Belichick got a secret “please don’t break the record with the Cowboys” deal that no one knew until Friday. I fear that Kraft would rather go down on a sinking ship than see Belichick go to Dallas, Tampa, LA, or back to Cleveland who have rosters that would take him years to mess up and that he could break the record in a matter of years.
He is 71. I don’t know if someone would hire him at that age.

Andy Reid is 65 and has 253/275 and the record is his one day if he wants to coach that long.

Latest threads