Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I wonder about this stuff alot.

Kid growing up in Texas might want to experience the southeast and comes to Bama.

Kid in Cali, might want to try an SEC team.

Kid in Florida, might like Texas or Cali.

Kid in Bama, goes to Clemson.

But sometimes I wonder if schools kinda take the "prophet is not without honor except in his own country" view and overlook a lot of instate talent. I think we do that a lot and wish we could keep more of that talent at home.

I think it would help in rivalry games like UT and especially the Barn.

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
Good topic. Yes, I know Bama has passed on several home grown talents. Just look in the NFL at players who prepped in Alabama. If it's even close between two players, give me the in state kid. I think every year there are several who just don't get the ratings they deserve.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I wonder about this stuff alot.

Kid growing up in Texas might want to experience the southeast and comes to Bama.

Kid in Cali, might want to try an SEC team.

Kid in Florida, might like Texas or Cali.

Kid in Bama, goes to Clemson.

But sometimes I wonder if schools kinda take the "prophet is not without honor except in his own country" view and overlook a lot of instate talent. I think we do that a lot and wish we could keep more of that talent at home.

I think it would help in rivalry games like UT and especially the Barn.
You left out all the elite WRs come Florida going to Ohio St. 😏

Reactions: BamaMoon

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Good topic. Yes, I know Bama has passed on several home grown talents. Just look in the NFL at players who prepped in Alabama. If it's even close between two players, give me the in state kid. I think every year there are several who just don't get the ratings they deserve.
Recuiting as they say is not an exact science. I too would rather take a 3 star Alabama kid over a highly rated out of state as well. You know his heart and determination can't be measured by any recruiting services!

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
The real problem with all of this will manifest itself in about 5-7 years when there are hundreds of players who didn’t make it to the NFL and are broke because their 6 figure “NIL” incomes are gone. There will be 10 years of ESPN 30 for 30’s. Wait and see. No one has ever considered this I’m sure.

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
The real problem with all of this will manifest itself in about 5-7 years when there are hundreds of players who didn’t make it to the NFL and are broke because their 6 figure “NIL” incomes are gone. There will be 10 years of ESPN 30 for 30’s. Wait and see. No one has ever considered this I’m sure.
Thousands.

Reactions: bamamc1

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Unintended consequence I imagine, but nonetheless, true.

If I'm 18 and just got paid 6 figures a year to play college football I'm going to be very unmotivated to attend class and get that degree.

Reactions: Con and NoNC4Tubs

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.