Roster Management for 24-25

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
From a mock draft I saw he was listed behind Sears who was their 63rd pick and behind Nelson who was a few picks farther down. Had him listed as strictly a role player.
Some had him top 50.

6’10 bruisers aren’t in vogue right now unfortunately, even given he shot 35% from 3 which is phenomenal for his style of play. Johni probably just doesn’t have the lateral quickness they look for in a 4.

That being said we haven’t had an All-American return since Chris Porter in 1999 and this probably means we have the best front court in the country going into next season. Now we just need some freaking guard play.

Last edited:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
With that we’re pretty close to complete.

Pegues/Transfer/Pettiford
Denver/Pettiford/Transfer
Baker-Mazara/Moore/Howard
Chaney/Transfer/Scott
Broome/Cardwell

We could use one more ball handling guard and a forward. Pettiford is listed as a combo guard but he’s better off the ball. A lot like KD but with a lot more control.

At 4 we just need more depth. I suspect we’ll see a lot of Broome at 4 this year as well but another warm body there will be needed.

Reactions: BAMAVILLE

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005
Has anyone heard much on the level of interest between us and clifford omoruyi from Rutgers?
Rivals has him at a 6/10 chance to come to Bama.
Quote from the article said:
Omoruyi also says he is considering a trip to Alabama, which he says is in the works for next weekend.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I was thinking maybe it kind of sounds like he was told to go, but maybe I'm reading too much into it.
Well, it was posted a couple of days ago (since he declared for the portal) that these changes aren't being made by the players so TIFWIW.

It's a cut throat business of 1 and dones in this era and it sounds like CNO is emptying the chamber of some of last years bullets and is planning to replace them with some bigger ones.

BamaBooey

Scout Team
Jan 29, 2020
I don't like the sound of that regarding Griffen (being pushed to go). I thought he did good at times, but then again, I'm not there 24/7.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I was thinking the same thing. He is a perfect fit in Oat's system. I don't know if it's because of better players coming in or what. I hope he thrive somewhere. Good kid.
No doubt he's a GREAT kid.

I wouldn't say he's perfect for CNO's system though. He's great on defense and he shoots the 3 well, albeit a little streaky.

But he has some noticeable weaknesses: his ball handling and especially passing is weak. He also struggles with getting downhill and finishing at the basket and for a 6'6" guard with his length; that's a glaring weakness.

I hope there's some way he can stay. Despite his weakness, he's been a great teammate and he's the kind of player you don't find on a lot of teams these days. Next year would be his 3rd year to contribute (if he were to come back). When you have a bunch of 1 year guys, someone who's been there can be the "glue" a team needs!

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Griffen was not told to go. Not at all. NIL. In the works way before the end of the season.
Then if that’s the case how has he not landed at a destination school yet or even have a top 3 teams. This one is a head scratcher.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I saw where Holloway was visiting today.

He's a pure PG. CNO was impressed with him even at Auburn.

I just hope his 3 ball can be resurrected. With that, he's an instant impact player since we don't have a pure PG on the roster as of now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.